Author Topic: Sector line/map bug pictures  (Read 268 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Sector line/map bug pictures
« on: February 10, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
I have tried numerous things to fix this and finally got around to some screenshots. I run at 1024 textures and have tried 2048 with no change. I have deleted terrain files and downloaded the game again and let the terrain download each time I log on. Nothing changes.

The first 2 sets of pics are from last night and the previous night. The last set is from Axis v Allies arena and as you can see no problems with map. Seems each map and arena are different but most are like the first 2 unreadable.

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sector line/map bug pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »
I know you said you run at 1024 and tried 2048, but it looks for all the world like your system is dropping the texture size back to 512. I say that because in each of those screen shots, the CBM has many of the sector lines missing and the maps are blurry.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »
Yea they do look much like the pic posted in this thread that is 512 textures.   

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,384977.0.html

Could my system be defaulting to 512 in game even though I have 1024 selected? It sure seems like it. I just did some testing and my frame rate barely changes. I picked 2048 and the back to 1024 and pretty much the same frame rate. Also changed screen resolution a couple times and everything pretty much the same. My frame rate should get worse going up to 2048? I have an older system.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:50:16 PM by Frodo »

JG11 

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »
I can't say. You might need to run it by Skuzzy.

I will tell you that on my i3 tablet, the game was changing everything. Even my desktop resolution would change after playing. I think it was attempting to calculate the best frame rate. There was a time when the game would report a change like this but it was happening silently for me.

I accepted it as the price for running on a tablet LOL.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 06:21:05 PM »
I have a lot of things turned down and off in the game I wonder if there is a clue there?

I didn't have this problem when 3 first came out. Not sure when this started but it was quite a while after release of 3. I will delete everything and do a new install this weekend, not just install over the current version. Unless HTC responds to this and has a suggestion.

Thanks  :cheers:

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:30:32 PM by Frodo »

JG11