Author Topic: Resigning Commission  (Read 441 times)

Offline jb1st

• Zinc Member
Resigning Commission
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:46:25 PM »
I hereby resign my commission as of February 25, 2017, the reasons for which are as follows;

1. Refusal of HiTech to make adaptations of some sort for those who do not wish to spend several hundred dollars on either a new video card or new computer in order to get a frame rate above 20. I know of several players of the same view as myself, and AH3 simply has lost, and will lose more income due to that fact.

2. Refusal of HiTech to include smaller arenas, such as Mid and Early War. Not everyone likes the gigantic cluster shreck of having only one base taking arena. Again, I know of several more players that have left or will be leaving for that reason.

3. Some of the so called improvements of the game have only served to cause more warping and screen freezes than ever before, taking the last remaining aspects of enjoyment out of the game.

I know of about 20 players that have left due to those reasons. While it may not seem like a big deal, I would consider the loss of nearly $12,000 in revenue somewhat substantial.

I have enjoyed playing this game over the years, but the last few months under this new format has not been fun. So I say Adios to all those friends and foes alike I have met here.

EColi

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Resigning Commission
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
I hereby resign my commission as of February 25, 2017, the reasons for which are as follows;

1. Refusal of HiTech to make adaptations of some sort for those who do not wish to spend several hundred dollars on either a new video card or new computer in order to get a frame rate above 20. I know of several players of the same view as myself, and AH3 simply has lost, and will lose more income due to that fact.

2. Refusal of HiTech to include smaller arenas, such as Mid and Early War. Not everyone likes the gigantic cluster shreck of having only one base taking arena. Again, I know of several more players that have left or will be leaving for that reason.

3. Some of the so called improvements of the game have only served to cause more warping and screen freezes than ever before, taking the last remaining aspects of enjoyment out of the game.

I know of about 20 players that have left due to those reasons. While it may not seem like a big deal, I would consider the loss of nearly $12,000 in revenue somewhat substantial.

I have enjoyed playing this game over the years, but the last few months under this new format has not been fun. So I say Adios to all those friends and foes alike I have met here.

EColi

Sorry to see you go, but #1 was a necessary step.  We can't keep playing on the Apple IIe forever.   HTC has done an amazing job of minimizing the burden of upgrades on its customer base.    I've upgraded fewer times and with less expense here than in any other game of this type, including Brand X.   The latest update to the terrain alone was worth the price of admission.   I am glad it happened.

Good luck.

:salute
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:18:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
the AVA arena has smaller maps, but I guess you missed that.

I've only had to upgrade my video card to keep playing. 60fps is good enough for me!

every new game has growing pains, most of us are willing to deal with it. I'm sorry you're not one of them.

sorry to see you leave. I hope you find something that is more to your liking with the equipment you have.
I hear tetris is fun and not as graphic intensive.

best wishes.....

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 10:42:49 PM »

sorry to see you leave. I hope you find something that is more to your liking with the equipment you have.
I hear tetris is fun and not as graphic intensive.

*spits soda on monitor*

:rofl

(Sorry, but that was funny.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 10:54:14 PM »
I was updating from patch 3 to patch 18~21 last Friday on my Dad's computer, which is still using my old AMD ASUS EAH3870 HD 512 MB GDDR 4 video card

at default settings, it still pulls 38 to 42 fps playing AH3 @ 1920X1080 res ..... now that isn't like launching in a scenario or FSO, but it shows that HiTech and HTC didn't up and abandoned people as the OP is claiming.....

So I am calling BS to his entire post, I've been witnessing more players new and old, some that haven't played in years are showing up

TC
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:56:16 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 11:20:22 PM »
I'm trying to get where the 12K dollar figure is coming from . Were the 20 guys that left paying 50 bucks a month or something?  I'm guessing they found out everyone else was paying $15 and figured they were getting screwed .

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 11:32:04 PM »
I'm trying to get where the 12K dollar figure is coming from . Were the 20 guys that left paying 50 bucks a month or something?  I'm guessing they found out everyone else was paying $15 and figured they were getting screwed .
:rofl :rofl :rofl
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:29 PM »
I thought Ecoli was a troll account by one of the muppets when he first showed up. His manifesto reminds me of fake CNN news.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »

Damn...
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:56 AM »
Ecoli....mmm poison..
I hope you get a dose of friendly bacteria..
Kimchi is all the rage or saurkraut..
Good luck.
Come back when your better.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 12:26:32 AM »
I like AHIII but not as much as myself :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC