Author Topic: epiphany maybe  (Read 688 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
epiphany maybe
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:52:35 AM »
This is more than likely a wish list topic but would like to see the feed back on this. How hard it may be to program and would it be worth trying? A dueling arena for tanks!!! Same set up as it is now for dogfights. Spawn in to like a old tank town type arena. The dueling for  dogfights are pretty valuable for learning in a fighter so why not look into this from the tanker side of the game. Just curious about you guy's thoughts on this
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: epiphany maybe
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
Molsman host's Thursday night tank fights mostly every Thursday night. no planes cept maybe the Storch
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:16:43 AM »
I think all you need to do is host it.  Get the word out and perhaps set a certain day of the week and a time and try to advertise as often as possible.  In the DA, I believe at the lower left part of the map there is a GV only area for the very purpose you are describing.

Also, as lunatic said, Thursday night tank fights are picking up steam in the AvA.  Highly recommend that.  Last time I did it was during the Beta.  Was hosted by the same group that host events in the AvA.  It opened my eyes to a new fun...

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:23 AM »
There were 18 people in Thursday Night Tank Fights last night. It's been running pretty reliably since the Beta and is likely a better option then trying to build a new player following.

It would likely take a while to build a following, but if you were to consistently run a setup in the Custom arena, it might draw new people playing for free as I have yet to see any rooms being hosted for that purpose. If someone decides to do it, the AvA tanking terrains are available for your use.

Watch for the next announcement but here's the announcement for last night:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,385359.0.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:08:16 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
according to Molsman he runs it at 8pm eastern on Thursday Nights
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
Right, I had seen the tank night posts, and they do sound fun. I was leaning more to a tank on tank dogfight type setup. The way tanks are done in game is great but spawn camping and long ranging spawn points gets old to me. True I really dont know how tank night is run, I assumed it was same as in game play. A one on one, timed duel, from opposite directions in an urban like set up, sounds pretty fun.   I dont tank very often for same reason I dont up from capped airfields ,so with no Spit16 or  bombs(how I tank fight) it could still be fun :x Might just have to check that out :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »
Some of the guys that show up regularly are wicked good. Unlike the MA terrains, we build and use custom terrains specifically for tank fights. You'll find multiple spawn points into the battlefields. Also, rivers with multiple bridges, but for some odd reason most people ignore the extra bridges and go straight for the throat!

Before you come in, you'll need to calibrate all your tank sights or it will be a very frustrating night. I set my sight range to the throttle on my ch joystick. After that, it's practice, practice, practice and there's no better place then the middle of the biggest tank battles in AH.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 04:35:43 AM »
Ok, thanks for the info!!! That sounds pretty dang close as to what I was thinking about. Should have known that you tank guys would have something like that allready done :rofl I would love to learn tanking skills but the spawn camping gives little experience on how to do it. Usually die too fast to gain any experience. This sounds like its right up my wish list alley

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 10:36:18 AM »
How hard would it be to add to the "match" system they have up in the dueling arena? When 2 or more guys pick a vehicle it spawns them a mile or two apart and let the hunt begin!

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
I enjoy finding a good hiding spot near a spawn in a panther or tiger, engine off, gun ranged in! Every time they drive past blamo! they don't know what hit them! If they get wise to me I make a run for it and land my kills then wait an hour or 2 to return  :cheers:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
Seriously?   :rolleyes:   sheesh...............
Wag more, bark less.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
All ready planned.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
I enjoy finding a good hiding spot near a spawn in a panther or tiger, engine off, gun ranged in! Every time they drive past blamo! they don't know what hit them! If they get wise to me I make a run for it and land my kills then wait an hour or 2 to return :cheers:

Why not just move to a new spot and try to continue the run? Run and land the kills?  LOL!!!

All ready planned.

there ya go 1stpar3, wish granted  :)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »
cool Dale,

but to comment on the Past post, Yes I run Tank nights in AvA every Thursday nights and were trying new things out each week to where we do Cat and mouse type fights, one map we use a section of the town and have fights in there, This past week was the first time we did a base take and the Axis took it towards the end of the night then we went into another area of the map and did an all out brawl. We do not have fighters, bombers enable this is strictly and all out ground war. There are people on the AvA team making some Killer maps for us to use and we are always looking for fresh ideal's and new players.

A while ago there used to be an event called Heavy Metal Sundays but that has been gone for a few years and I am trying to not over step the boundaries with that event and trying to do new things to increase the ground only fights for the ground pounder's.

Event Always starts at 8pm est and run's til whenever, the numbers are growing slowly each week and we already have a group of regulars. Tank fight's are evenly matched to the best we can do and a lot of times we do not run the tiger 1 and 2 to keep sided even and if the panther is enabled then both sides get that tank to use also to sub for the Pershing.

so 1strpar3 and other's feel free to come check us out and pass it to your Squaddies.

<S>
Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-