Author Topic: Match Play Scoring  (Read 1163 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Match Play Scoring
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:54 PM »
I understand all points and seems like I'm part of the minority...trust me I can live without it, I won't go posting about it like I do with the town resupply :devil

Also after spending some more time in there...1 thing will always skew those ranks...which plane vs your plane....you queue in a A6M vs a KI61 you are probably going to win unless the other gets lucky or is just more skilled then you. The F4U4, Spit 16 ect ect ect would run that rank system.

If people want to build a "ranking" system out of duels..... well thats just said.
Was that suppose to be sad? If so you can GTFO...just because some of us our very competitive by nature isn't a bad thing....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
I find the data to be perfect for the arena it's in. It isn't a score,ladder or ranking from what I see. It is simply a tally sheet of what you've done in the DA. And the best part about it is, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO NOT EVEN LOOK AT IT! Damn fine option right there IMHO.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »
I find the data to be perfect for the arena it's in. It isn't a score,ladder or ranking from what I see. It is simply a tally sheet of what you've done in the DA. And the best part about it is, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO NOT EVEN LOOK AT IT! Damn fine option right there IMHO.

Get this man a coat!! He speaks the truth.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
Get this man a coat!! He speaks the truth.

I gotta' disagree.

I don't want my stats visible to be made a mockery of out of context.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:48:47 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »

+1

Put your big boy pants on, leave your tiny, easily bruised EGO at the door, suck it up and go play.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »
I look at them and dont care.  If I cared I wouldnt look.  :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »
I look at them and dont care.  If I cared I wouldnt look.  :D

If I cared I wouldn't have fought you for three hours and kept losing.   But haters gonna' hate.    Posting this scoring for the world to see is not going to be used for any good purpose, rather just to grief others.   

If the scoring stays I likely won't be in that arena.  All the more incentive to keep it, apparently.

This arena should be about fun not public score.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
*reads thread*
*shakes head in disbelief*

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 02:03:55 PM »
*reads thread*
*shakes head in disbelief*
Why? Don't tease me Snail :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
Vraciu,

Different personality types = different expectations from the game.

DA types like the notches on their pistol handle, it's part of being a gunslinger. If you are not pure DA type, and your skill is not up to par, you may be embarrassed by the lack of notches on your handle. Some of them are naturals with computer games and some enjoyed working their kesters off to achieve their notches because it gave them a mountain to climb. That does not mean they are a better man than you in real life, and no one in the real world cares about their abilities in a kiddy game.

Personally, the people that matter what is thought of you, will be those very gunslingers who always respect a player who keeps getting back up and going at it again. How many of them do you really believe will read the score sheet every night then run into MA and start telling the arena on 200 you are a worthless weenie with a 0-100 loss record? And the passing transient who does, anyone with two rocks to pound into sand will be thinking, wow wonder what he's learning dueling with those guys.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
I understand all points and seems like I'm part of the minority...trust me I can live without it, I won't go posting about it like I do with the town resupply :devil

Also after spending some more time in there...1 thing will always skew those ranks...which plane vs your plane....you queue in a A6M vs a KI61 you are probably going to win unless the other gets lucky or is just more skilled then you. The F4U4, Spit 16 ect ect ect would run that rank system.
Was that suppose to be sad? If so you can GTFO...just because some of us our very competitive by nature isn't a bad thing....

Yes it was, sorry. The "competition" should be for the fights, NOT whos name is at the top of a list. Especially in this situation. There are just far too many variables to  make a "king of the Hill" .... oh wait, we all ready have that !  :rolleyes:

In time you'll learn that getting your name at the top of a list isn't what you thought it was. 

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »
Yes it was, sorry. The "competition" should be for the fights, NOT whos name is at the top of a list. Especially in this situation. There are just far too many variables to  make a "king of the Hill" .... oh wait, we all ready have that !  :rolleyes:

In time you'll learn that getting your name at the top of a list isn't what you thought it was.
You are an absolute idiot if you think making something competitive means it's just for getting your name in lights....you talk about a fight??? I have had and watched many fights in KOTH which are the most intense the game has to offer....and it's because of that wanting to win that fights become that good. You know absolutely nothing about a dogfight in this game if that is your opinion...SDL....competitive, saw the best squad on squad fights in the game...KOTH competitive, is easily the most consistent fights in the entire game...1v1 bracket competitive the final rounds are intense matches....

Being competitive doesn't mean being cocky or having an ego....in this case you are showing you can't have your ego hurt in a competitive event like KOTH....who really has the ego? The guys not afraid to lose to get better or the guy afraid to compete because he's a afraid to lose.

Cake eater
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
You are an absolute idiot if you think making something competitive means it's just for getting your name in lights....you talk about a fight??? I have had and watched many fights in KOTH which are the most intense the game has to offer....and it's because of that wanting to win that fights become that good. You know absolutely nothing about a dogfight in this game if that is your opinion...SDL....competitive, saw the best squad on squad fights in the game...KOTH competitive, is easily the most consistent fights in the entire game...1v1 bracket competitive the final rounds are intense matches....

Being competitive doesn't mean being cocky or having an ego....in this case you are showing you can't have your ego hurt in a competitive event like KOTH....who really has the ego? The guys not afraid to lose to get better or the guy afraid to compete because he's a afraid to lose.

Cake eater

Again your arrogance out flies your brain. As you quoted this line of my post....

"If people want to build a "ranking" system out of duels..... well thats just said."

I was saying that creating a ranking system out of the dueling arena is sad, NOT that the dueling arena, KOTH, ladders or any other type of competition or fighting is sad.

As I said, the competition IS the fighting, NOT the ranking. Any and all ranking can and is gamed, but going head to head in a duel is a skill and is competition.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:15 PM »
DA Now!   All of you!    :rofl
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
The drop down menus don't appear scrollable to me. Specifically the vs. aircraft type. Would also be nice if the dialog box was size enabled, might be my resolution but to get everything properly sized (menus) inside the current box, text is very small. 

+1 for keeping the stats visible/available.