Author Topic: Match Play Scoring  (Read 1161 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Match Play Scoring
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
It is not an ego thing.  It's an abuse thing.  I take enough crap on here and 200 as it is (including score).   I prefer not to give people more hand grenades to throw at me over my play in the Match Arena. 

If my stats are public then I will just stick to mediocrity in the MA and leave Match to others.   

Nobody will avoid the place for lack of public stats.   However, some will avoid it because of same.   It's not worth it.   

I know I will be disagreed with because that's SOP around here but whatever.  I'm always game for a fight at all hours so my absence will mean at least a few less contests there. 

Just my $0.02.   :salute
Valid point but the players who would do that are the most toxic of the community....which also brings up something that applies to KOTH...a lot of people won't give it a chance because they think there's people puffing their chests out in there...when the fact is 99% of it is high levels of sportsmanship. Got to assume most people to the good thing over the bad.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »
Maybe this cycle of DA\Match Arena will not result in a gang of self serving narcissistic greifers for several years abusing the MA in general about none are worthy to be in the same air with them. That got old watching grown men acting that way. You would think that gets outgrown by around 6 years old.

If a ranking system in a pure mano e mano arena with a score board to keep a scalp count is what keeps 12 or so vets inspired and paying their subscription, takes all kinds to make a community. Now they have more confidence in Hitech because he gave them something they asked for.

You could always wish for a toggle that says you bow out from having your score in that arena. But, some greifer would look up who you fought, then run their score to see how many times they died to you. Even if there was no score at all in that arena, word of mouth in our community is just as poisonous.

Vriacu you have already admitted your level of ability so you are no threat to anyone else's self esteem in the Dueling arena. And the people who matter in there, you have already shown you got game by showing up all the time. It's very doubtful anyone will plaster your stats all over the general forum or on 200 and start a Vriacu is sissy boy initiative to embarrass you. And if they did, so what, this is a kiddy game played by a bunch of grown men...........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
Keep the scores. I like seeing my win percentage :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2017, 10:30:11 AM »
Ace: Win percentage doesn't need to be public for you to see your own.   

At Junky and Bustr:  :salute  :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »
Maybe this cycle of DA\Match Arena will not result in a gang of self serving narcissistic greifers for several years abusing the MA in general about none are worthy to be in the same air with them. That got old watching grown men acting that way. You would think that gets outgrown by around 6 years old.

If a ranking system in a pure mano e mano arena with a score board to keep a scalp count is what keeps 12 or so vets inspired and paying their subscription, takes all kinds to make a community. Now they have more confidence in Hitech because he gave them something they asked for.

You could always wish for a toggle that says you bow out from having your score in that arena. But, some greifer would look up who you fought, then run their score to see how many times they died to you. Even if there was no score at all in that arena, word of mouth in our community is just as poisonous.

Vriacu you have already admitted your level of ability so you are no threat to anyone else's self esteem in the Dueling arena. And the people who matter in there, you have already shown you got game by showing up all the time. It's very doubtful anyone will plaster your stats all over the general forum or on 200 and start a Vriacu is sissy boy initiative to embarrass you. And if they did, so what, this is a kiddy game played by a bunch of grown men...........
The griefers from the old DA weren't good...in fact every time they'd come try to grief they would only get slaughtered.

You all got to understand, there's a good size portion of this population who have been beating the crap out of eachother for years without any drama of the sort...seriously I've had my fair share of fights against Yucca, Creton, Bruv, TC, Spek, Joachim, Krup, Lazer, Violator, ect ect ect and you never hear about issues in those fights, it's a mutual respect...How often do you see NFL players talking crap after the game? Not often but it is over dramatized by the masses. Majority exercise good sportsmanship.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"