Author Topic: VR settings super thread.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
VR settings super thread.
« on: March 03, 2017, 07:33:44 AM »
Could we start a pinned thread from guys like Skuzzy that state some do's and do not's for VR graphic settings? I think I have my rift set up pretty good using SDK tool on a 2.0 setting to increase pixel density and I have no problem running with decent frame rates but I am still unimpressed by the graphic quality in the dog fight out side of 800yards. It's hard to see planes in detail and it's definitely hard to pick up an aircraft outside of the range that a label will appear.

Any help from one of you experts would be much appreciated.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: VR settings super thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:41:15 AM »
Guess this one is a "DONT have a clue"? I have same issues and havent seen anything that would help out. The gamma slider in options doesnt work for the rift, and the brightness is my biggest issue. Maybe commenting here will get a response? :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »
You are basically comparing a 2 by 3 inch monitor with a 2 by 3 foot monitor. They won't look the same when you magnify the little one to appear bigger.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
talking color and gamma,brightness like stuff.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
Problem I have is the mouse dot and guages are way to bright. I am getting rays coming off of them, think that is what makes it hard to see. I have reflections off,tried the post lighting effects on and off,combined and individually...no change. The gamma slider has zero effect also. Just looking for help in that regard! If its just the way it is,for now, so be it. I understand what it is you are saying, but dont see how it is the cause of my issue.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
talking color and gamma,brightness like stuff.

Have you tried adjusting your video card? You might be able to set a custom profile for AH3 for VR in the video control panel.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »
If you have the horsepower, goto Nvidia Display Control Panel.  I have a GTX 1080 and am able to crank up the following settings and stikk keep 90FPS with Oculus:

AA: Override application - 8x
Anisotropic Filtering - Override App - 16x
FXAA - On
Power - Prefer High Performance

I think the anisotropic filtering being jacked up helps the distance blurrying alot. 
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 05:55:35 AM »
If you have the horsepower, goto Nvidia Display Control Panel.  I have a GTX 1080 and am able to crank up the following settings and stikk keep 90FPS with Oculus:

FXAA - On

I think the anisotropic filtering being jacked up helps the distance blurrying alot.

Tried these last night.  Made a noticeable improvement. 

Offline extropy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 08:36:49 AM »
Just tried these settings myself, too. Very good results.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »
I engaged sli and changed the AA setting to SLI16.  Another jump up in clarity. 

I tried the debug tool trick but it did not work as well as these changes.

FXAA - On

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
Just make sure you have a separate profile for Aces High III or else those settings will be applied to every application you use and will cause issues.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings Tab (next to Global Settings) > Add > aceshigh11.exe

Then make the changes in that profile and keep the global one at default.

Make the game look less muddy in VR.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 11:58:19 AM »
Just make sure you have a separate profile for Aces High III or else those settings will be applied to every application you use and will cause issues.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings Tab (next to Global Settings) > Add > aceshigh11.exe

Then make the changes in that profile and keep the global one at default.

Make the game look less muddy in VR.

Ya, that is what I did.

I have not tried these setting in ah without vr nor have I tried these setting and the debug tool changes

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »
YEP,that fixed it! Well for most part :D Thanks guys :rock :rock :rock