Author Topic: So....sound pack question on new FMOD system  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
So....sound pack question on new FMOD system
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:32 AM »
Has anyone created a new sound profile using Rangers, Twinboom, or others soundpacks yet in the new system?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: So....sound pack question on new FMOD system
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:31:43 AM »
nope. i think jinx started working on one but there is a lot of work evolved.  dont know if he is still at it or gave up.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:26:48 PM »
Here's the deal with FMOD.  It provides a breath-taking amount of functionality in creating sounds for a game.  It is quite simply a 100 times better than the old way we customized sounds in the game.  It's intuitive software, but you really need to have a good grasp of the software's ins and outs.  I managed to change the sounds of some of the guns, but it took a while to learn how.  Personally, I think I'd want software training before I ever dipped my toe back into FMOD.  And training is available on the internet.  Unfortunately I'm not retired, and I don't have a lot of time.  Playing with FMOD is probably more than halfway down the page of stuff that I want to devote some time to in any given week.  So until I get some free time, I don't think I'll be doing any FMOD sound packs.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
Having been a sound editor in a past life (Fighter Squadron: The Screamin Demons over Europe) - I can take a look at FMOD. I'm laid up with a mauled foot at the moment. Might be able to figure out the app and see if I can do what needs to be done.  I'll keep you all posted.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »
Having been a sound editor in a past life (Fighter Squadron: The Screamin Demons over Europe) - I can take a look at FMOD. I'm laid up with a mauled foot at the moment. Might be able to figure out the app and see if I can do what needs to be done.  I'll keep you all posted.

WooHoo!  :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 01:45:54 AM »
This may help a little.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.