Author Topic: AHFilm, Banidcam and Fraps.  (Read 1249 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
AHFilm, Banidcam and Fraps.
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »
Can I run an AHFilm in full screen mode then film the screen action using Bandicam or Fraps?

The film viewer during playback of a plane on another player's PC, uses the gunsight bitmap that other player picked for that plane on his PC while watching the film. Not the gunsight that was in the plane on the PC of the player making the AH Film. I cannot ask players to download a training aid gunsight, then set it to a whole list of planes just to watch my film correctly. Even though that specific gunsight as a training aid is central to what the film helps the audience understand.

Can I do this with Bandicam or Fraps, I have both.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: AHFilm, Banidcam and Fraps.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
Can I run an AHFilm in full screen mode then film the screen action using Bandicam or Fraps?

Yes, it works with both.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
Just finished with Bandicam recording the AHFilm playback so I have trails and icons showing. 55minutes in AHF format is 34Mbyte. And no one would want to bother with reading instructions and loading files just to see what I'm trying to show them for a 34M file download. In AVI format through Bandicam, 6Gbyte.

Now I get to learn some film editing and possibly a more compressed format........ :bhead
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:43 PM »
Just finished with Bandicam recording the AHFilm playback so I have trails and icons showing. 55minutes in AHF format is 34Mbyte. And no one would want to bother with reading instructions and loading files just to see what I'm trying to show them for a 34M file download. In AVI format through Bandicam, 6Gbyte.

Now I get to learn some film editing and possibly a more compressed format........ :bhead

6GB isn't bad for 55 min. My usual 20min recordings are around 4.2-4.5GB unedited. My longest unedited video is just over an hour at 18.2GB, and its not even 1080. Could be worse though!

Have fun editing!  :cheers:
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »
I've been doing the AHfilm to Fraps since I started.  I turn off the Icon so all you see is aircraft images.  I up load to Youtube so our squad can enjoy and post links on our wiki page.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »

Bustr, I dont know if you would find it easier, but OBS Studios is capture software (as well as streaming software) that is free and very easy to use.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
This week I filmed a sortie with ShadowPlay and also saved the AHFilm.

I experimented with running the film in the AHFilm Viewer full screen with ShadowPlay (similar to OBS) turned on and got some external views just playing with the pan control.  I saved that and put the whole bunch of clips into Premiere Pro (any video editor with a timeline will do, I'm sure).  Nothing finished yet but the clips are pretty cool.  Sound is terrific on the external clips, as well.

I have never mastered the AHFilm Editor.  I always get unexpected results from it.  It strikes me as fussy while at the same time I'm stubborn enough to think that it should be easier to use.  What I did with it and ShadowPlay was easy.

:salute

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
There is something very specific I'm capturing out of playback of the Film Viewer with Bandicam because in the film viewer I can turn on icons and trails. Then toggle zoom on and off looking through the gunsight. Windows Movie Maker does a good job of letting my cut clips and merging them along with things like caption pages, fades and such which all seems to be a matter of push buttons and see what blows up. And it compresses into MP4 along other formats.

Freeware movie editing software is a scam. They allow you to cut clips but don't allow you to merge the clips. At that point you have to buy the Pro version of the product in so many cases. I spent several days downloading and trying software with the only freeware that did everything I wanted to do was Movie Maker. Then I did find an open source converter called MediaCoder which may do a better compression of AVI than Movie Maker.

And what I'm doing, creating a 55minute 6G ahf file was dumb in terms of the capture content I want. After 30 minutes I started getting careless in what I was doing along with being forced into a "get up to speed warmup" by differences in different fighters. It's better to make a single film for each subject one at a time since I'll only be using a small bit for each subject on my list to show one principle.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
For "Get ready, the Mosquito cometh" linked in my sig below I used Bandicam for capture and OpenShot for editing. The latter is open source and free, but I think it only runs on Linux, which was not a problem for me.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
For "Get ready, the Mosquito cometh" linked in my sig below I used Bandicam for capture and OpenShot for editing. The latter is open source and free, but I think it only runs on Linux, which was not a problem for me.

It is still open source and free and it has a windows version. The download detected I have a 64bit Win OS.

Thank you, I didn't test this one.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 02:53:01 AM »
i record with fraps at half size, then i use wondershare video converter to convert the vid to mp4 and i can scale it to whatever i like.

you can also extract clips from the files and then merge them all into a longer video.

its not a full scale vid editing suite, but i bought a license for it and i get all of the updates for free.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII