Author Topic: New to AH and VR, loving both!  (Read 1011 times)

Offline jskibo

• Zinc Member
New to AH and VR, loving both!
« on: March 13, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
I haven't played AH before but I was into Warbirds back in the Dial Up days and used to fly bombers with the Rough Raiders. 

I've messed around with a few different cockpit schemes including building a full size 737 one at one point.

For the past 6 years I have been flying on a triple wide setup using 3 40" monitors on a custom mount along with TrackIR and thought nothing could surpass it.......I was wrong.

I picked up an Oculus last week and have been playing around with other titles (ARMA, DCS, Dirt Rally, Project Cars) and a friend of mine suggested AH3.  Wow, just amazing.  Now I suck even worse as I'm staring all around the cockpit and outside!

The feeling of depth perception is amazing.  Carrier landings are so much fun now, cruising along at treetop level is amazing! 

After an hour offline flying I just had to sign up!  AH3 is exactly what Oculus was made for.
Jacque in AH3
Jacque in WB
Jacque in WWIIOL

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: New to AH and VR, loving both!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
Welcome to the insanity my friend.  Get your friends to try it too!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
I haven't played AH before but I was into Warbirds back in the Dial Up days and used to fly bombers with the Rough Raiders. 

I've messed around with a few different cockpit schemes including building a full size 737 one at one point.

For the past 6 years I have been flying on a triple wide setup using 3 40" monitors on a custom mount along with TrackIR and thought nothing could surpass it.......I was wrong.

I picked up an Oculus last week and have been playing around with other titles (ARMA, DCS, Dirt Rally, Project Cars) and a friend of mine suggested AH3.  Wow, just amazing.  Now I suck even worse as I'm staring all around the cockpit and outside!

The feeling of depth perception is amazing.  Carrier landings are so much fun now, cruising along at treetop level is amazing! 

After an hour offline flying I just had to sign up!  AH3 is exactly what Oculus was made for.

Glad you are enjoying it. We would appreciate it if you post a review on the Oculus store.

HiTech

Offline jskibo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »
Will do when I get home today. 
Jacque in AH3
Jacque in WB
Jacque in WWIIOL

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Hey SKi, just got my rift working in offline today. Have to figure out the seat position.

Offline jskibo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »
Hey SKi, just got my rift working in offline today. Have to figure out the seat position.

Good, I need some training :)
Jacque in AH3
Jacque in WB
Jacque in WWIIOL

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »

Map "tracker center", in the clipboard controller options, to a button.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
Welcome to the game Jsk, if you ever need a target to shoot at while your learning just reach out to me...I'll Let ya shoot at me, won't shoot back.  I've done it for a few guys that just started playing. They seemed to think it helped them.

Again Welcome sir  :aok

<S>
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.