Author Topic: Skin Update Error  (Read 553 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Skin Update Error
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:31:31 PM »
Skuzzy, just ran into this.   Posted here for your review.    :salute

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Skin Update Error
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »
Nevermind.  I think this was due to me mucking about and locking the table for a moment.

The update came down, by the way.

Thanks for posting the error.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:58:36 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »
Nevermind.  I think this was due to me mucking about and locking the table for a moment.

Thanks for posting the error.

Ah, no sweat.  You're welcome.  Thanks for fixing it.  <S>
”KILLER V”

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
It is kind of nice to know the error spits out clean and merged in the page well.  I could not test every failure permutation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
It is kind of nice to know the error spits out clean and merged in the page well.  I could not test every failure permutation.

Yeah, no doubt about that.   Seems to be stable though.  That's the first problem I have encountered--and it was due to cause--which shows you were thorough.
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 02:49:35 PM »

This raises another question.  I've been talking offline with Oboe about updates.   When an update is submitted we only get one bite at the apple at a time as I recall.   Is there any way the system can allow updates to be updated before you review them or is that just a little too crazy?

In this case, because I tried to submit three times, does the system only see the first attempt?    :cheers:
”KILLER V”

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
Ahhhhh.

The system should not have allowed you to submit an update to a skin already in the update queue.  Unless you used the browser back button and hit it there.  All bets are off in that case, but it would account for the error as that is the other place I can catch someone trying to update a skin which has already been submitted as an update.

I refuse to put Java code into this as that opens another can of worms.

No, the amount of problems in allowing an update to be updated before it is reviewed are quite numerous.  The single biggest one being there would be no way to insure the file actual got sent down.  That is already tough enough.

If you are using the browser back and forward buttons, then you are not using the site the way it was intended to be used.  I have made an effort to catch that, but there will be residual side effects, based on which browser you are using and I cannot control those.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 02:59:15 PM »
Ahhhhh.

The system should not have allowed you to submit an update to a skin already in the update queue.  Unless you used the browser back button and hit it there.  All bets are off in that case, but it would account for the error as that is the other place I can catch someone trying to update a skin which has already been submitted as an update.

I refuse to put Java code into this as that opens another can of worms.

No, the amount of problems in allowing an update to be updated before it is reviewed are quite numerous.  The single biggest one being there would be no way to insure the file actual got sent down.  That is already tough enough.

If you are using the browser back and forward buttons, then you are not using the site the way it was intended to be used.  I have made an effort to catch that, but there will be residual side effects, based on which browser you are using and I cannot control those.

I for sure did not do that.   I tried it through IE and got the error.  So I logged out and logged in again.  Resubmitted.   Same error.  I thought it might be a browser issue so I tried again with Firefox (another new login).    I got the same screen in the OP on all three.

I did not use the back button just to be clear.    I emphasize this because I don't want to mislead your troubleshooting (which you already concluded appropriately best I can tell).
”KILLER V”