Author Topic: blur  (Read 1155 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
blur
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:09 AM »
I cant seem to get anywhere even close to a clear picture. In set up(oculus setup) I get the lines on green cross set as good as they get, but in game the text on clipboard and guages are all a blur. Am I missing something,probably but dang if I know what. The display on monitor while using oculus is still crisp and clear, so I am buggered :headscratch:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: blur
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:47:03 AM »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:58:24 AM »
have you tried moving the Oculus around on your head, specifically pulling it away from your eyes a little bit? and sliding it up higher and lower on your face?

I'm wondering if you have it on too tight.  I generally have to slide mine around on my head till everything is focused. The fit is fairly loose and easy to slide around.

Also, make sure your forehead never touched your lenses if that happened you need to wipe them off. Also make sure the lenses aren't getting fogged up.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
Well, that wasnt it. I have moved the mask every which way you could, its easy to see where it is the clearest, so that isnt it. I have full mouse control and displays only disappear when I drag them too far. Pretty sure its not fogging as the headset doesnt stay on long enough. Have to take it off to read help topics lol. The display scaling did clear it up but only marginally. I did notice that on compatibility tab, the only setting was for compatibility in Windows 8? I run Win 10? Maybe an update thing in windows?  Does Oculus have problems with bad lenses? I cant see any obvious mars on lens surfaces though. I may just be more screwed up than I thought lol
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 04:09:43 PM »
Have you tried Anti-Aliasing, on and off?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 05:32:23 PM »
Yes,sure have. I have clicked and slid just about every graphics option in game. Absolutely nothing I do makes image sharper. Glasses/no glasses, zero change. I will give it a rest for a bit, getting frustrated lol   Without VR game is crisp and clear and TIR is fairly immersive as it is, so no loss of game fun! Thanks for the help guys :rock

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
Try cleaning your leneses on the head set.

Also focus by moving the Oculus up and down.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
When you look at a tiny little monitor through a magnifier it won't look as good as the big monitor on your desktop.

Offline jskibo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 09:00:56 AM »
Been running triple 40" for six years.  Bought the Rift and now no longer interested in triple big screens :)
Jacque in AH3
Jacque in WB
Jacque in WWIIOL

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
Ok, finally got it cleared up...well to a working enough level. I could deal with the more non discript and clear detail, but what I had was all blur. I could see the fuzzy Icons but was shooting at a vague grey mass of airplanes. Question I have now is, the gamma slider in AH graphics detail screen has zero effect through Oculus...also, all but the TIR relative view and Disable VR check boxes are unclickable. Is there a place to adjust the gamma and color preferences for INSIDE the head set use? I am not sure I fixed up the blur much, or that my eyes just got used to the different view of the world.? But it worked a bit :banana: I could really get it better, maybe, just dont know if there is a way to tweak what I have, color wise?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
Also, another question. Seems to be alot of information in this thread but some seems to be conflicting? So ,run on monitors natural resolution? Then I read some are saying run resolution at 2160 x 1200,which my monitor wont run. So, does monitors native resolution impact graphics inside oculus headset ie bigger monitor better resolution for oculus? I am no whiz at computers it just seems counter intuitive. So with what I have read, I understand the thinking, that screen resolution is divided between the 2 lenses in headset, like 1920 x 1080 makes it 960 x 540 per lens? Thus a higher native resolution in monitor would increase resolution per lens inside head set? That makes sense and doesnt make sense at same time :headscratch: Shouldnt the headset be more like running a second monitor? Yes I know its fairly new technology and there will be bugs, its just that all the info gets confusing. If it is possible to run oculus at higher monitor resolutions, where to you need to make that adjustment? Things like that! :uhoh

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »
Always set the game resolution to the native resolution of the attached monitor.  DO NOT try to set it to match the Rift or Vive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Right! I got that. I do what YOU say over everyone else :rock Does native resolution of monitor(would I get better rift performance with larger native resolution monitor) change resolution in rift. Could have put it better earlier but this is all greek to me

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »
could just be expectations vrs reality. Figured it would look close to desktop inside the head set, but was more like going back to old laptop graphics. Which was OK, but nowhere near as great as my new desktop. I am having harder time trying to explain what it is I am trying to explain :bhead

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »
The overall resolution of the Rift/Vive is not that great, if you look closely at it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese