Author Topic: Oculus APP or Desktop AH3 ??  (Read 613 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Oculus APP or Desktop AH3 ??
« on: March 24, 2017, 09:17:27 PM »
Should we be using the Desktop Application of AH3 we had PRIOR to buying VR, or should we be downloading the Aces High 3 Free app from the Oculus Store?  Is the implementation better or is it the same?  I'd like to run AH3 from Oculus Home, but I dont feel like changing all my settings if I have to delete the AH3 Win10 Desktop app I have now and re-download the Oculus AH3 app.  Know what I'm sayin??
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus APP or Desktop AH3 ??
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 11:39:04 PM »
If you do want to use the Oculus store one, go into your current one and save your skins folder, settings folder, terrains folder.
So you don't have to download all of that or setup everything again and once you get AH installed through the Oculus store just move those files back to their homes.

As far as SHOULD you be using that one? I can't really speak to that. I know there are some differences but I don't know if they really matter or if there are benefits.  I know the patch system doesn't require any user interaction which is nice, with the oculus version.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:59:59 AM »
As far as the game goes, either is the same once you get into an arena.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:17 AM »
The only differences are where they are installed and entitlement checks with the Oculus store.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
Oculus app is a bit clunky.  Often you have to cycle through the clipboard up and down to get it to work.

I found it easier to use the regular ah albeit it is cool using the rift app just to slip on the rift and all things start.