Author Topic: Please please please stop with this night time stuff  (Read 5950 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Please please please stop with this night time stuff
« on: March 25, 2017, 01:46:56 AM »
I have asked this before and the forum warriors seem to love it.  But 90% of the people I talk to in game simply do not care for it.  They either log off or turn the gamma up.  WTF!!  Where is the point in having a feature that causes some people to log and others to bypass it?  Seriously, what is the point?

ps.  yes, it is night in game and I am not playing, I am logged in though, just surfing the 'net waiting it out.  How many others 'passively' log out?  How many bypass it by altering gamma?  how many actually play in the dark?

Hard to tell, but I do know that when I voice it on local comms no one likes it.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Please please please stop with this night time stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 01:53:22 AM »
oh, as I typed the numbers in the MA dropped by a considerable amount.  Probably a feature of time of day combined with the night thing but enough to make a difference. I have now also decided to stop playing as numbers are too low for the fighter combat game style that I like.  WTG, bring on the night, we all love it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:59 AM »
I used to like night time when it came in AH2 for santa, but the current night time kills the game. Remove it or improve it!!!!!!!!!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »
Night time was whined off the face of the planet before and will likely be whined away again  :old:

It gives us old guys a chance to take a nap  :devil

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 08:30:18 AM »
That's what got rid of me last night. Couple of half decent fights but just couldn't see. I'm out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
I like it personally. I also like the dawn/dusk.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »
I have asked this before and the forum warriors seem to love it.  But 90% of the people I talk to in game simply do not care for it.  They either log off or turn the gamma up.  WTF!!  Where is the point in having a feature that causes some people to log and others to bypass it?  Seriously, what is the point?

ps.  yes, it is night in game and I am not playing, I am logged in though, just surfing the 'net waiting it out.  How many others 'passively' log out?  How many bypass it by altering gamma?  how many actually play in the dark?

Hard to tell, but I do know that when I voice it on local comms no one likes it.

The reason we have it is because Hitech spent loads of time getting all the stars right and they dont want all that time to have been wasted  :rolleyes:

I like it personally. I also like the dawn/dusk.

Technically, that is ALL we have, dawn and dusk. That is why you see that "jump" in the middle as it switches from sunset to dawn. If we had "night" we would spend as much time in the dark as we do in the light. Thanks god we dont!

While I can appreciate the work, and the artistry of the dusk/dawn cycle..... it really does look cool..... I hate the way it kills game play. My old eyes cant see the targets that well in the dark and so just saps the fun out of the game. I wont adjust the gamma because I just dont think that is the way to play the game. Like dive bombing in Lancs it just isn't right.

It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shortened the cycle up more.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
Hate the night.  Hate the dawn.  Hate the dusk.  They all suck. 

I'll play Doom if I want to be in the dark.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »
if you are talking about last night-last night was FSO that's why the MA drained out. a lot of players only show up to play FSO. there were over 200 people in FSO and about 140 people in ma at the same time last night. is that much trouble to turn up gamma, wow lazy people, I think a compromise would help. dump the dusk and dawn.

but the Night time will probably go away the Whiners and crybabies usually win.

I like nighttime except dusk and dawn.  :bolt:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »
It's short, and I guess too much "reality". I say leave it. I don't turn up gamma, I play it as it lays. Even with Rift it works for me, but then I like no icons too.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
I prefer they leave it the way it is. The night, dusk, and dawn are of short duration.

For the GV'ers, the sneaky ones begin to shine when the lights go out.  :D. Realism adds allot to the game. It is fun going on a bombing mission at night too. You can set the date (.date) to see the star patterns for a given date.  That is a nice feature.

The new version is way better than AH2. As already mentioned, you can tweak the gamma setting to compensate if it is too dark. You can put the gamma back to the previous setting when daylight returns. You need a good video card to really enjoy this new version.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
I like it the way it is. The clouds look great at night.

It doesn't last long, and it changes the type of fighting I do...the black hurri 1!
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »

This isnt just directed at OP

HEAVEN FREAKING FORBID ANY OF ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS RUN A FEW BOXES OF SUPS OR BETTER YET MAKE AN NOE STRAT RUN UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS!

Swear it seems like if conditions arent just right for some of you this is what you do... LOG AND WHINE! Christ sake do something for someone else ingame and you dont have to log during that 45 minute wibdow when its too dark for you old pudgy eyes

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »
If this is to be put to a vote I say leave it as it is. I like the changes and the cycle is short enough not to bother me. That being said we all know that the entirety of WW II was fought during the day time, in VFR weather, with no clouds or wind. Heaven forbide that it should change.
 My 2cents worth.
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 12:14:01 PM »
Leave it alone.

I like it.

Its different.

It's cool.

It's part of what makes Aces High different.

To the OP, maybe (unlikely) you had 90% of the players that responded to you say they don't like it, that does not mean 90% of the players don't like it.  Many people just choose not to be contentious I believe and just don't respond to questions like that when asked.

I have also seen those kind of phrased thusly"  "Is there anyone out there stupid enough to like this night time crap?".  Stuff like that isn't a question, that somone giving their opinion phrased as a question.
Wag more, bark less.