Author Topic: I've done something to the VR settings for my Rift :(  (Read 505 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
I've done something to the VR settings for my Rift :(
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »
Ok...I've done something.  I can no longer free-roam inside a cockpit with my rift. And when I look around it's like my saved head positions kick in every time I look left, right, up, down etc.  What did I do?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: I've done something to the VR settings for my Rift :(
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »
idk

usually messed up things are in settings.  You can try moving all of your settings files out of the settings folder and see if it's fixed and if it is,  then moving them back in one at a time and see which one screws it up.

VR Settings files are prefaced by VR so it could be one of those.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:55:53 AM »
Maybe you hit a different Tracker Mode button? It will change with TIR I know, not sure about the tracking with rift....having some issues myself and havent messed with it that much
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
It's weird. Can't move my head around at all like I used to.  for example, I could look and lean left and right to look down  - now it's just moving to my view positions I had locked in prior to ....waaait a minute.  Prior to flying wit Oculus, I had head position settings saved for particular aircraft to maximize the view for my joystick HAT.  I think that if you had a previous head setting saved, it'll over-ride Rift's ability to look around - utilizing my joystick hat settings.  Let me check and verify but if true, it's a bug for Aces High, not the Rift.

I'll report back here shortly.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech