Author Topic: VR and cross eyes  (Read 523 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
VR and cross eyes
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »
I feel like my eyes are crossed when using the gun-sight.  I have tried the head position thing and it does not seem to work.

Offline sach

• Zinc Member
Re: VR and cross eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:57:28 PM »
Try looking past the gunsight instead of trying to focus on it.  I guess you could also just close one eye and aim that way. Definitely go through the gunsights and find the ones that work best for you. Some sights seem to work better with VR than others.  For example the (German?) sights with the red dashes in a circle are impossible for me to use. My head needs to be in just the right spot to even see the sight and then I'm usually seeing two of them, but if I hop in a Corsair the sight is perfect, just like it would look on a monitor, and I can't see double if I try.  So far the gunsight that I've found works best for me in VR is the default p51 sight. Hope this helps.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »
Found the same last night in the JP planes.  Double vision.  Agree 51 sight is ok.  I just view VR as a work in progress and dabble now and again.  If I was using it all the time I would prob not play

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
I use the red dot. It works well.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »
I have found that the F4U Corsair is the only aircraft without this problem, and that is due to its extra large glass panel the crosshair is projected on.  So it seems the problem is that the crosshairs are too big for the glass they are projected against, but there is no way to make them smaller unless you go with the approach of the guy before me, use a red dot sight.  Other than that, I have found that moving up very close to the crosshair while flying, almost putting your face against it in the VR world, makes it easier than sitting back and using it to shoot. 

If anyone has any other suggestions please share, this can be a real pain in most planes with smaller glass gunsights.  I've missed out on quite a few kills because of this.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »
I use the red dot. It works well.
Maybe when you are on :rofl Where you been? You snake in the grASS :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain