Author Topic: AH-VR Dive Bombing  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
AH-VR Dive Bombing
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:23:33 AM »
I appreciate VR is new to AH and there will be problems.  So it is important to offer feedback.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is some sort of rendering error either in AH-VR that makes you too close or appear too close to the gunsight.  F10 does not resolve this problem.  If you move your head position so your dominant eye is centered on the gunsight that helps in air to air shots but makes dive bombing abysmal.

This cross eyed effect in AH makes rocket and bomb drop a shot in the dark.  With a P-38, without VR, I kill about 8 out of 10 GVs I drop on and the same success rate for dropping hangers using the two bombs and six rockets.  With the cross eye effect in AH VR, you can feel perfectly safe if you are in a GV if I am overhead in my 38.  I had to use two full sets ords last night to kill one hanger.  I even missed the radar using 4 rockets, twice.

If darkness is coming, the radar is just a blurred column that is very difficult to see.  It is nearly impossible to pick out a barracks.

Any thing HTC can do to help with this problem would be appreciated.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: AH-VR Dive Bombing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
If you look at the gun sight (I.E. the physical thing in the plane), you will see double cross hair.

If you look threw the gun sight at the target, you will see only one cross hair, but you will se double gun sight.

This is as it should be.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »

This is as it should be.

HiTech

I have never looked through a WW2 gunsight.  Are you saying what we have in AH-VR is a near real world view through a gunsight?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:20:55 PM »
I have never looked through a WW2 gunsight.  Are you saying what we have in AH-VR is a near real world view through a gunsight?

I'm simply saying if you hold your finger 1/2 way between your monitor and your face, if you look at your finger you will see two monitors, and if you look at your monitor you will see two fingers.

HiTech

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »
So we should close an eye when bombing? :)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 02:37:40 PM »

Actually pretty much, so things like eye dominance come into play. If you have eye dominance you may find yourself shooting slightly off center. Line a close object up with a distant object. Close each eye, if the view doesn't move for one eye then you have a dominant eye issue.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »
So we should close an eye when bombing? :)

Perspective is normal so you should focus on the target site not the gun sight.    :D

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »
I've always looked at the target and used the gun sight for reference.  I know that's backwards from the way you should shoot a gun but it works for me.  VR Jabo took some adjustment for me but I'm doing much better and getting more confident.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 11:48:50 PM »
I used to be pretty lethal divebombing. In vr im always way off!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »
Think that this is due to the Depth Perception change you get in VR. I have drawn conclusions from real life shooting before, some dont see it as I do so just trying to explain it. You will find you are more accurate shooting Iron Sights when the distance between Front Sight and Rear sight is longer. With VR you are essentially going from longer distance to a shorter distance...just because the field of view seems shorter. I practice even now about an hour a day, off line bombing drones. Find a sight you like and use the "Dive Bomb Precision Cue" it will pinpoint where you are off now, compared to how your sight picture has changed. The change for me...was I was dropping long with pre VR sight picture. Instead of the "No Handrest" panel in pony, its now top edge of cowling. You will get it back, its just a bit of tweaking and retraining muscle memory :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »
Your head needs to be in the same position, it helps if you line up two points on the aircraft with the target, like using a front and rear sight.  :aok