Author Topic: FOV very tight. can I adjust?  (Read 784 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
FOV very tight. can I adjust?
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:01:50 AM »
Just got oculus.  immersion good, FOV very very tight.

Changing in the usual place before game loads has no effect

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Re: FOV very tight. can I adjust?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »
+1
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:36:01 PM »
FOV is set by Oculus for natural vision.  It's not adjustable.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »
I tried everything I could think of a few months back,  in terms of settings in AH in game and in the entry screen video settings, no luck either.  I don't really mind the FOV as it is, but also wouldn't mind being able to increase it either.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »
I can change it in the tower by mapping a slider to the head position but in the cockpit it defaults to the 'natural' position of hugging the gunsight.

Is there a way in the backend game settings of changing the default?  You know the vast majority of players change the normal default FOV from 90 to around 105 because the default is too tight. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »
Head position and FOV are two different things.

The FOV is 110 and you can't change it.

You can change the head position by leaning forward and pressing CTRL-F4 then sitting normally.

You can also change it by leaning back and pressing F10. Both methods move your head away from the gunsight.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Head position and FOV are two different things.

You can also change it by leaning back and pressing F10. Both methods move your head away from the gunsight.

not my experience so far.  I have even removed my chair and moved back over a meter and still no change in the head position.  Will try again later

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »
not my experience so far.  I have even removed my chair and moved back over a meter and still no change in the head position.  Will try again later

Try the other method. Let me know if you still have problems.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 06:10:18 PM »
Get close to the panel, center your head position using Ctrl + F4, then sit back normally.  You can only go so far back.

I think the problem is that people are so used to having a 180 degree field of view looking forward from Aces High default settings over the years.  Those of us who wanted to be closer to the panel on a 2D monitor, and have changed the Field of View to something around 90 or closer are more used to it.  Changing the actualy field of view will make everything warped and VR wont feel like youre sitting in a cockpit.  Imagine driving your car and your FOV changes, you'd feel like you're the size of a bug and on an acid trip or something.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »
Default in AH2 for my resolution was 106, AH3 was 90 this isnt 110 surely. Looks like 80 lol Its just that the sight panel is extended out into pilots face in VR? The depth just throws it off a bit. I have had my FOV set around 83 since early BETA in AH3 so its not as much of a difference to me. I have squaddies though, they fly with weird FOVs! Talking like 130s, cockpit looks like its 200 feet long with 8 inch wings lol They are gonna have growing pains! :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
think there is a way to adjust in oculus.