Author Topic: Pixel Density  (Read 577 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Pixel Density
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
I downloaded Oculus SDK and run the DebugTool to make pixel density 2.0.  My only problem with this is that I need to literally turn off EVERYTHING in the graphics options menu to keep the game running @ 90FPS.  Anything that is on, even a few things, drops the fame below 90.  I am running top notch hardware too.  War Thunder, I can up pixel density to 2.0 through the steamvr hack and keep all the settings on Movie Quality and still keep 90fps.  Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or workarounds?  What are you all doing?  Or are you just accepting < 90 FPS?  Thanks!

:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Pixel Density
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
I have a GTX 970 so I cannot speak to this..I assumed it was just my card (and in my case it probably is)   :cheers:

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:42:03 PM »
I downloaded Oculus SDK and run the DebugTool to make pixel density 2.0.  My only problem with this is that I need to literally turn off EVERYTHING in the graphics options menu to keep the game running @ 90FPS.  Anything that is on, even a few things, drops the fame below 90.  I am running top notch hardware too.  War Thunder, I can up pixel density to 2.0 through the steamvr hack and keep all the settings on Movie Quality and still keep 90fps.  Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or workarounds?  What are you all doing?  Or are you just accepting < 90 FPS?  Thanks!

EDIT - I didn't realize that the 2.0 SS on Warthunder kicked in after you restart your computer.  And when it did...45 FPS.  So nevermind all that!

I am still interested to hear users graphic settings with supersampling turned up

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
Using default AH settings I can only go to 1.1. 
1.2 starts dropping fr.

Note too, from what I understand, the demand on your video card as you say go from 1.0 to 1.6 is not linear but closer to exponential.

From a clarity stand point, I thought your suggested changes did more than increasing pixel density.

What we need is improved distance clarity.  It may not be possible but if HTC add some sort of increased scaling to compensate,  AH could be the premier game in the VR world.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »
I agree, and the pixel denisty increase sometimes makes the screen-door effect more prevalent.  I feel like I am staring at a higher resolution video but through a screen door.  No worth it if you have to turn down every single graphic setting too. 

49Alpha