Author Topic: Spotted CYBRO and decided to investigate....  (Read 6812 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spotted CYBRO and decided to investigate....
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »

Au contraire.  The object of this game varies from player to player.  For some it is to have good fights, win or lose.  For others, to maximize kills.  Still others want their team to win the map, whether they live or die in the process.  Some play for score.  Some play for self-improvement.  Some, it appears, simply log on to irritate others.

- oldman

Cool story, bro. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »

Au contraire.  The object of this game varies from player to player.  For some it is to have good fights, win or lose.  For others, to maximize kills.  Still others want their team to win the map, whether they live or die in the process.  Some play for score.  Some play for self-improvement.  Some, it appears, simply log on to irritate others.

- oldman
  :cheers: The soup of the day are the tears of my enemies :neener:

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »

Au contraire.  The object of this game varies from player to player...

- oldman
What people choose to do is their preference as you stated. However, it is obvious (from game parameters and maps) that the "object" of the game as it is designed is to simulate WW2 combat (with GV support) in a theater wide conquest of territory. The goal is to win 20% of enemy land/bases while maintaining 90% of your own. How people choose to reach or not reach that goal is a personal matter. Idle vehicles should be booted as well as people flying off the map to avoid being seen or killed.

Back to Cybro. I found him flashing a base once. he was in a spit, inside the hanger with no doors. He must have driven it in there when we bombed the base and destroyed the hanger. (If that hanger is an indestructible, then that is another question) Anyway asumming it is a destructible object, It rebuilt over him after or just prior to us taking the base.  Got tired of searching so I filmed a sortie as I flew around and then when to the film viewer to find him. What I am curious about is how does he get these planes into these seeming impossible locations.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »

- oldman
True story
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 01:38:17 AM »
I am thinking we now have a few more suspects in the WHO IS CYBRO lottery :D Zoney: Pretty much has a handle on the persona :uhoh  Wiley: A bit dismissive of Cybros actual influence(nothing to see hear) :uhoh Junky11: gave him royal exaltations. Zimme83: Classic,its not me. I like killing him,SURE ya do :uhoh Canspec: Well he is Canadian :neener: Cav58d: I don't know nothin about him, :eek:   Ok I give up...its NOT ME No really,its not. Just don't want to leave myself out. Could have been a counter intel op  :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 02:20:04 AM »
I am thinking we now have a few more suspects in the WHO IS CYBRO lottery :D Zoney: Pretty much has a handle on the persona :uhoh  Wiley: A bit dismissive of Cybros actual influence(nothing to see hear) :uhoh Junky11: gave him royal exaltations. Zimme83: Classic,its not me. I like killing him,SURE ya do :uhoh Canspec: Well he is Canadian :neener: Cav58d: I don't know nothin about him, :eek:   Ok I give up...its NOT ME No really,its not. Just don't want to leave myself out. Could have been a counter intel op  :x

"I am Skyyr."
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »
I am Spartacus.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »
Best 15 bucks I ever spent!.......... :devil

:salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »
Best 15 bucks I ever spent!.......... :devil

:salute

I'm in the same line as you. The folks at AH have delivered hours upon hours of enjoyment. All for an extremely inexpensive price.  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »
The only issue I have with cybro is the impression he is leaving and with that the impressions about HTC.

Sure cybro, to us "old timers" is funny/annoying/baffling or just an odd nut, but to "new" guys he is a "spy" up to no good.

So to a new guy, we have a spy giving away all kinds of information..... carrier locations, mission targets, noe locations, goon locations, the best place to find easy sheep, and who knows what else. Whether its true or not those guys and many potential new customers are going to "believe" that crap and it will cause many player to get frustrated and Im sure many quit (how can you beat then when they are always cheating!).

Which brings us to impressions of HTC. Again, whether this stuff with cybro is true or not many players BELIEVE it is. That belief is the same as aimbots, things to make planes lighter,and any other cheating crap that gets thrown around. They will look at it as "Why doesn't HTC do something about it?"

You know and I know its all BS, but is it the impression HTC want to portray?  :headscratch:

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
I love the where's waldo aspect of this. I hope he keeps doing.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »
The only issue I have with cybro is the impression he is leaving and with that the impressions about HTC.

Sure cybro, to us "old timers" is funny/annoying/baffling or just an odd nut, but to "new" guys he is a "spy" up to no good.

So to a new guy, we have a spy giving away all kinds of information..... carrier locations, mission targets, noe locations, goon locations, the best place to find easy sheep, and who knows what else. Whether its true or not those guys and many potential new customers are going to "believe" that crap and it will cause many player to get frustrated and Im sure many quit (how can you beat then when they are always cheating!).

Which brings us to impressions of HTC. Again, whether this stuff with cybro is true or not many players BELIEVE it is. That belief is the same as aimbots, things to make planes lighter,and any other cheating crap that gets thrown around. They will look at it as "Why doesn't HTC do something about it?"

You know and I know its all BS, but is it the impression HTC want to portray?  :headscratch:

A bigger issue is the old guys attacking any newbie with spy/shade accusations. Too many players seems to believe that there can no longer be any new players around so all names they dont recognize must be a spy..
How is the community going to grow if every new player is attacked and not allowed to take part of the action?
During my years in the game ive seen at most 2-3 occasions were some kind of foul play could be suspected (but not proven). Ive never seen anyone in any team calling out noe missions or enemy plans in such a way that they could be accused of spying.
People just need to call their shrink to deal with their paranoia..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 09:25:15 AM »

But what does this say about the community?  Already, and ages ago, Skuzzy (or was it HiTech) had posted that Cybro is not doing anything wrong.  Do folks need them to leave some kind of arena message as well???  Now how is THAT going to look to a newbie...  :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
What can I say? I gotta go pee at the damnedest times. Well, poo, also.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
But what does this say about the community?  Already, and ages ago, Skuzzy (or was it HiTech) had posted that Cybro is not doing anything wrong.  Do folks need them to leave some kind of arena message as well???  Now how is THAT going to look to a newbie...  :headscratch:

Unfortunate but true, many players are "paranoid" and see "spies" everywhere. It is the way of things, and unfortunately by allowing his type of game play to continue it will do nothing but feed the flames of that paranoia.

Thats where HTC is stuck between a rock and a hard place.