Author Topic: Webpage size on iPhone/iPad?  (Read 421 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Webpage size on iPhone/iPad?
« on: May 02, 2017, 06:44:46 AM »
The aircraft page doesn't fit correctly on my iPhone or iPad.  I never fully view Japanese aircraft.  Anyone else experience this issue on their Apple device?

<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Webpage size on iPhone/iPad?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:51:30 AM »
The only way to make that page fit on a phone is to list all the planes in one column, and when we did that, we got a ton of complaints.

The auto-fit depends on the resolution of the device and right now it is a grab bag due to the new phones.  It is just a mess.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »
There's probably more than what I can understand, I know very little about making websites. On my site (made by Kanttori) there's two columns side by side on a computer screen, but when the screen gets narrower either in a window or on a phone, the columns unite to one. But that's most likely apples to oranges here.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »
That all depends on the device resolution to make the switch to a narrower screen.  We do that as well, but there are some pages which simply have too much data on them to make it practical.

There is also the issue with the new phones coming out which have resolutions equal to or higher than a desktop which is causing a lot of problems in trying to determine when to resize.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:16 AM »
Similar problem with score page, thought maybe change the time set up as that takes loads of space..
again..just thinking out loud (via keyboard)
sorry if it makes you go  :bhead
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."