Author Topic: New oculus rift user  (Read 1763 times)

Offline timfox0828

• Zinc Member
New oculus rift user
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »
Got an Oculus Rift and I am having issues with getting it to work with AHIII. I am a 12yr veteran of AH and just was able to get back into the game after a few months of down time. I am super excited to be using this new setup IFI can get it to work.
I have downloaded the AHIII 3.0 ver. And tryed launching from the Oculus ICON but I get nothing but sound. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: New oculus rift user
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:28:09 AM »
check out the "everything vr" thread. lots of tips there

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »
I moved your post here as we are wanting to consolidate anything related to the Aces High III VR implementation in this forum.

A DXDIAG output might help.  Just attach the entire text file to a post, rather than trying to copy and paste it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:05:35 PM »

If you download Aces High III from the website and then run it, doesn't it automatically run DX9 version? which doesnt' support Oculus?

If that's the case:
You'd either have to run the DX11 version by getting to it manually in the install path or install the one that's actually in the Oculus Library by using the voice activation in oculus to search for Aces High. Install that one, and then launch it through the Oculus lobby.

I have downloaded the AHIII 3.0 ver. And tryed launching from the Oculus ICON but I get nothing but sound. Any help would be appreciated.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
And tryed launching from the Oculus ICON but I get nothing but sound. Any help would be appreciated.

This has been reported as a bug some time ago.  If you can look down, you will see AH stuff that is unreachable at the bottom of the screen.

The oculus app version is broken.  Best to run AH3 straight from the DX11 version and Oculus should should auto start from there.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
If you updated your nVidia drivers recently, it has the annoying habit of setting their devices as primary sound driver. Are you getting sound in other games?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
Got an Oculus Rift and I am having issues with getting it to work with AHIII. I am a 12yr veteran of AH and just was able to get back into the game after a few months of down time. I am super excited to be using this new setup IFI can get it to work.

Did you download AH3 from Oculus or from Hitechcreations? To launch from Oculus you have to download and install on Oculus.

If you downloaded from HTC you just need to run the DX11 version and answer "yes" to using Oculus. You may also need to set Oculus to use apps from unknown sources in settings/general.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
This has been reported as a bug some time ago.  If you can look down, you will see AH stuff that is unreachable at the bottom of the screen.

The oculus app version is broken.  Best to run AH3 straight from the DX11 version and Oculus should should auto start from there.

I just launched from oculus and all worked fine.

Whats exactly is the issue you are havin?

HiTech

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:02:31 PM by hitech »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
I just launched from oculus and all worked fine.

Whats exactly is the issue you are havin?

HiTech

When you launch the Oculus AH App, the AH screen that says press any button to center is the very bottom of the screen.  It is unreachable with mouse ball.  I reinstalled and deleted setting but still no go.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 03:57:18 AM »
Try centering the Rift. My AH screeen is normal when I launch from Oculus.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:23 AM »
Try centering the Rift. My AH screeen is normal when I launch from Oculus.

already did and it didn't.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
I've had the issue that Randy is talking about.  It's not happening just now that I tested it.
it's at the point where it says click any button to center, which is before you log in. And it re-centers the first screen.

It was putting it...like on the floor, instead of putting it in the new centered position in front of the person.
But I can't seem to get it to do that now so whatever causes it to happen, I'm not recreating correctly, or it's intermittant or it's fixed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:06:46 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
When you launch the Oculus AH App, the AH screen that says press any button to center is the very bottom of the screen.  It is unreachable with mouse ball.  I reinstalled and deleted setting but still no go.

The hole purpose of that screen is you do not need to see or click the dialog.

Simply look forward and press the space bar.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »
The hole purpose of that screen is you do not need to see or click the dialog.

Simply look forward and press the space bar.

HiTech

I did and it doesn't.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
already did and it didn't.

Try setting up the sensors again.