Author Topic: C919 Passenger plane maiden voyage  (Read 2667 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: C919 Passenger plane maiden voyage
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 01:57:38 AM »
I don't think the modern Chinese culture particularly cares very much about originality or innovation. If they encounter something good they just scrobble it and see nothing wrong in it. I was once told its even considered a compliment.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 03:20:43 AM »
 :)

What do they know about fireworks any way :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 03:57:24 AM »
What do they know about fireworks any way :old:

And cooking  :old:

Once I was trying to buy a copy of "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie. Couldn't afford it, it was over £45 in the English bookshops. I had a Chinese friend and when she was visiting her parents she bought me a copy, slightly smaller with a Chinese preface, exactly the same text, perfect quality and glossy paperback binding: £2.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »
I don't think the modern Chinese culture particularly cares very much about originality or innovation. If they encounter something good they just scrobble it and see nothing wrong in it. I was once told its even considered a compliment.

That's a lot of it.    But monkey-see-monkey-do only works so long in a cockpit.     Building an integrated, computerized, large passenger plane or supersonic fighter?    Shudder.

It may be a compliment, I don't know.   I tend to think it is more like laziness coupled with competitive ruthlessness.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
I tend to think it is more like laziness coupled with competitive ruthlessness.

I think it's more like stealing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

Pretty much.   Lol

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »

Ideas and designs are the easiest thing to steal and a year later those same people have forgotten where 'their' idea originated. Welcome to my world  :old:

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
China has a well-documented history of corporate espionage.

So did the Soviet Union, such as with the Concordski as one example.

Well at least America hasn't bugged corporates like google and facebook, or conducted mass internet surveillance and let the NSA spy on companies like... umm.. Airbus.

...or spy on your allies national leaders.

:devil
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:13:44 PM by Vulcan »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »
That, too -- the pervasive intrusion and mass spying -- is horrendous and should not be tolerated.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
Slogan contest:
For example:

"If it's not Boeing, I'm not going"

This C919 is from COMAC.

Take your best shots

If I don't have my Prozac, I ain't flying COMAC.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 08:18:07 AM »
That's a lot of it.    But monkey-see-monkey-do only works so long in a cockpit.     Building an integrated, computerized, large passenger plane or supersonic fighter?    Shudder.

It may be a compliment, I don't know.   I tend to think it is more like laziness coupled with competitive ruthlessness.

LOL - this from a guy who flies an airplane made in South America.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
Both Japan and S. Korea started in the same fashion as China and eventually they had gathered enough experience and know how to develop the stuff by themselves. That is about to happen for China as well.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
Both Japan and S. Korea started in the same fashion as China and eventually they had gathered enough experience and know how to develop the stuff by themselves. That is about to happen for China as well.

German industry did basically start the same way, just 100 years earlier. They bough the machines, they hired the foreign (=British) personnel, they commited industry spionage abroad. They copied (badly, at first), they learned & improved. And started to export cheap stuff....
It's always the same cycle.  :)

The label was originally introduced in Britain by the Merchandise Marks Act 1887 to mark foreign produce more obviously, as foreign manufactures had been falsely marking inferior goods with the marks of renowned British manufacturing companies and importing them into the United Kingdom. Most of these were found to be originating from Germany, whose government had introduced a protectionist policy to legally prohibit the import of goods in order to build up domestic industry (Merchandise Marks Act - Oxford University Press).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 01:17:01 PM »
LOL - this from a guy who flies an airplane made in South America.

And your point is...?
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:25 PM »
I see no real problem with it. Aeronautical design is a very well researched area, especially in the transport area. There are very few new ideas, mostly just incorporation of old technology into a new design, or vice versa.

Saying they "stole" anything would be like saying any aircraft with an elliptical wing stole from Supermarine. Or that P&W stole from Heinkel with their axial compressor turbojets.

And those bastards at SAAB stole from the Wright Brothers by using a canard wing.

Nobody owns physics.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.