Author Topic: Dropped eight, 1000 pounders with a P-38  (Read 767 times)

Online Randy1

• Platinum Member
Dropped eight, 1000 pounders with a P-38
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »
On a stopped T34 in the open with VR and then he main gunned me.  Not sure why VR throws off your bombing so bad but it does.  Man that sucked. 

And then things got much worse.  Was HO 3 times in a row.  The blurr with VR makes these shots a wild guess.  I just logged out.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dropped eight, 1000 pounders with a P-38
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »
I have a hoot bombing tanks with the Ki-43, or taking out panzers with the 9T cannon.

If you get main gunned, you asked for it. It also indicates you were probably using low approach angles = bad bomb accuracy.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »
YUP! I noticed that because of the "change" in how the game is perceived in VR, you have to really watch the angles. Once I noticed it and figured out WHY I was missing, it came together. Seems you have to be way more observant to speed angle and just about everything else. For me, the biggest change from 2D to 3d(vr) has been hitting ANYTHING from a wirb! :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
the training arena should give you a bombsite after you turn it on.

It werked for me in 2d long ago, and should help?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:44:39 AM »
Yes it still works. I use it pretty much on a daily basis. Practice practice practice.  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
YUP! I noticed that because of the "change" in how the game is perceived in VR, you have to really watch the angles. . .

I think you nailed it.  The VR vies gives you a different perception of angle as compared to regular AH.  I missed a hanger last night when the rockets hit short,

I still have a couple of bomb duds when I drop too low but it is getting better.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
One possible reason for the blurry effect is the interpupillary distance settings on the headset. HTC Vive has a dial on the right side to adjust this.

Here is a wiki discribing interpupillary distance and its importants on binocular vision:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpupillary_distance

Some tanks/gunsites will switch to a sort of monocular renditioning of the site to prevent the over exagerated effect of site distortion found when trying to aim. Another trick can be to divert to aiming with one eye like you do down a gunsite in real life.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:07:52 PM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"