Author Topic: List of VR problems  (Read 703 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
List of VR problems
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »
Here is a list of area's that need improving in AH-VR.  If you know of a solution or do not have problems please post that as well.

1. Audio to max setting. HTC has a patch coming.
2.  Can not identify a green players name by placing the map ball on the clipboard map airplane or gv map icon.
3.  Resizing the text buffer using the mouse ball to drag it is very difficult but not impossible to do.  After it has been set it is subject to    change
4.  The mouse ball placed on the clipboard resizing icons does not work most of the time.
5.  VR in the 17#'er nauseating and difficult to use.
6.  Tank Canon sight follows head movement.  What might be cool is have a sight you had to position your head to look through.
7. hit sprites on tanks are nearly impossible to see.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: List of VR problems
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
Number 7
 I noticed the other day, hit sprites are only visible to my left eye! Planes, guns and anything that makes a "SPLASH". Had noticed the sprites were hard to see in planes so tried out my Wirb guns on a hanger. The damage "Splash" of parts flying and surface impact stuff was clearer,so? Yup closed left eye...no bright hit sprites. Closed right eye...BIG BRIGHT hit sprites, but almost none of the right eyes visual effects. Seems that where the guns triangulate in a hit situation falls into the narrow convergence of the 2 lenses for head set? Hit sprites were at very right of left lens(right off the nose). so with both eyes open, I see slight sprites with left eye, almost none with right and a lot of surface type sprites with right eye. Its not a dominate eye thing as I am right eye dominate and am familiar with those types of issues. I can force myself to be left eye dominate and was same effect. I had another friend who I know to be left eyed try and same effects. Not sure if its fixable? Just my observation :confused:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:28:58 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:30:17 AM »
Number 7
 I noticed the other day, hit sprites are only visible to my left eye! Planes, guns and anything that makes a "SPLASH". Had noticed the sprites were hard to see in planes so tried out my Wirb guns on a hanger. The damage "Splash" of parts flying and surface impact stuff was clearer,so? Yup closed left eye...no bright hit sprites. Closed right eye...BIG BRIGHT hit sprites, but almost none of the right eyes visual effects. Seems that where the guns triangulate in a hit situation falls into the narrow convergence of the 2 lenses for head set? Hit sprites were at very right of left lens(right off the nose). so with both eyes open, I see descent hit sprites with left eye, almost none with right and a lot of surface type sprites with right eye. Its not a dominate eye thing as I am right eye dominate and am familiar with those types of issues. I can force myself to be left eye dominate and was same effect. I had another friend who I know to be left eyed try and same effects. Not sure if its fixable? Just my observation :confused:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
2. I had the same issue. I mapped a button on the Oculus mouse as right mouse button. Hovering the ball over the green player and clicking the right mouse button works for me.

fwiw
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:35:05 AM by McShark »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
Number 7
 I noticed the other day, hit sprites are only visible to my left eye! Planes, guns and anything that makes a "SPLASH". Had noticed the sprites were hard to see in planes so tried out my Wirb guns on a hanger. The damage "Splash" of parts flying and surface impact stuff was clearer,so? Yup closed left eye...no bright hit sprites. Closed right eye...BIG BRIGHT hit sprites, but almost none of the right eyes visual effects. Seems that where the guns triangulate in a hit situation falls into the narrow convergence of the 2 lenses for head set? Hit sprites were at very right of left lens(right off the nose). so with both eyes open, I see slight sprites with left eye, almost none with right and a lot of surface type sprites with right eye. Its not a dominate eye thing as I am right eye dominate and am familiar with those types of issues. I can force myself to be left eye dominate and was same effect. I had another friend who I know to be left eyed try and same effects. Not sure if its fixable? Just my observation :confused:

I notices this is well, hits are far harder to see.