Author Topic: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers  (Read 8698 times)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
Re: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »
your 14 year low is better than my coming up on 15 year old high...
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »
enVision the first month of AH3 on Steam with all of the new players with no ACM or SA clue to speak of in the MA, flying at you thinking it will be a piu, piu, piu fest and no problemo. Then imagine how your years will look to their 30 day ziltch....... :O

I just hope that multiplied by 200 isn't enough to chase them away.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:58 AM »
enVision the first month of AH3 on Steam with all of the new players with no ACM or SA clue to speak of in the MA, flying at you thinking it will be a piu, piu, piu fest and no problemo. Then imagine how your years will look to their 30 day ziltch....... :O

I just hope that multiplied by 200 isn't enough to chase them away.

Give it a rest.  Heaven forbid that HiTech tries to bring in new players to the game.  Instead of whining, why don't you suggest something like a revamp of the training arena, maybe make a newbie arena along the lines that AW had for new players to acclimate themselves before entering the MA.  Your incessant whines does not help the game.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2017, 04:38:49 AM »
why don't you suggest something like a revamp of the training arena...

+1,000,000

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
I consider that a reasonable thing to do when concerned about security.

Call me paranoid but of course I consider security whenever
I use my computers  :noid
Adding Steam I think will increase that risk  :D
I have to pick and choose... Steam is not one I would choose  :rock
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2017, 03:08:06 PM »
I agree.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »
Call me paranoid but of course I consider security whenever
I use my computers  :noid
Adding Steam I think will increase that risk  :D
I have to pick and choose... Steam is not one I would choose  :rock

Which is why we are glad that we can go direct to source to play the game!  If Steam was required, I'd be gone!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2017, 11:53:08 AM »
Why all this hate for steam?!   

All you guys have no problem downloading continuous updates for AcesHigh3 from tiny company that is unknown vs an establish reputable entity such as Steam.

I think the comments were accurate on the greenlight page... it's ALMOST as if the author didn't really care about getting onto steam, more about the ability to shut up paying customers with "I tried!"...

just because it goes onto steam, DOES NOT MEAN, that will be the only login pathway... HTC STATED THIS ALREADY!

yikes...  the change is bad crowd need to take their dementia medicine.  :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2017, 11:59:20 AM »

All you guys have no problem downloading continuous updates for AcesHigh3 from tiny company that is unknown vs an establish reputable entity such as Steam.

I think the comments were accurate on the greenlight page... it's ALMOST as if the author didn't really care about getting onto steam, more about the ability to shut up paying customers with "I tried!"...

just because it goes onto steam, DOES NOT MEAN, that will be the only login pathway... HTC STATED THIS ALREADY!

The geriatric crowd that hangs around here would rather have the game end than see any change whatsoever.

Most of them are still pissed they've had to update their computer within the last 15 years.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »

This is actually a solid point. Games on steam would have more vetting being done to them vs a lone company, which has no kind of 'police' keeping an eye on them.

Steam has actively removed companies from bad behaviour.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »

Similar reasons to why some people don't go on Facebook.  You either choose to let them record what you're doing with the games and what all you've bought, or you don't.  I'm not bothered by it, use Steam all the time.  Some people are.

This is actually a solid point. Games on steam would have more vetting being done to them vs a lone company, which has no kind of 'police' keeping an eye on them.

Steam has actively removed companies from bad behaviour.

More or less devil's advocating here, but what makes you think you can trust Valve to be all-benevolent?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »
More or less devil's advocating here, but what makes you think you can trust Valve to be all-benevolent?
Wiley.

They have much more at stake than HTC....   And the all-mighty dollar Wiley :devil

Not only does steam handle user information and credit cards, but also handles the exchange of money between users and developers... They simply have more at steak in the way of liability than HTC does. 

I mean think about this for a second...  A TINY company with all of what, 6-10 employees in a small office out of Texas, has the credit card information of all it's users whom trust the source completely and are used to multiple "updates" to their machines.  :noid

LOL I'm not saying it's aliens.... But....

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »
They have much more at stake than HTC....   And the all-mighty dollar Wiley :devil

Not only does steam handle user information and credit cards, but also handles the exchange of money between users and developers... They simply have more at steak in the way of liability than HTC does. 

I mean think about this for a second...  A TINY company with all of what, 6-10 employees in a small office out of Texas, has the credit card information of all it's users whom trust the source completely and are used to multiple "updates" to their machines.  :noid

LOL I'm not saying it's aliens.... But....

(Image removed from quote.)

*shrug*  Just saying some people are more likely to trust the little guy than the giant corporation.  Not saying either side is rational.

People still deal with PSN and it's been hacked how many times?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2017, 12:49:54 PM »
*shrug*  Just saying some people are more likely to trust the little guy than the giant corporation.  Not saying either side is rational.

People still deal with PSN and it's been hacked how many times?

Wiley.

Obscurity means less exposure and thus less hacking; that's about all about it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »

Not unknown to me. I've met Dale and co. face to face. Steam? Not so much.