Author Topic: VR Basics help for a returning AH 1 & 2 veteran  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: VR Basics help for a returning AH 1 & 2 veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 09:10:34 AM »
Good replies, thanks Rocco.

1 I was going to do this but it is a pain if still tweaking the setup. It's a really silly problem that simply should not exist.

2 Only looked at Spit and Hurricane closely and am unfamiliar with needle type, so between that and some lack of VR clarity maybe I need to look again.

3 There are various zoom options but I'm unsure as to which one does what. I would probably have resolved it by now if it wasn't for the system "irretrievably saving" my settings.

4 That's good to know how it is done.

5 I'm used to having to trim real aircraft so it adds to the authenticity of the experience.

No response from HiTech yet.  Thanks again.

Have you tried calling him?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »
I have lost my controller settings numerous times over the past few days.  Mr. Wiley stated below:

"Are you resetting them in a plane, or in the tower?  I had some issues with them clearing out seemingly randomly, but in hindsight I think when they would clear, I might've been doing them in cockpit.  Doing it in the tower may have let them stick.  For whatever reason it stopped happening to me.

Wiley."

I have done both and have  some at one point but not others.  today, I reset the controllers, although not all had to be reset and it was done partially in the tower but ended with some being done while on the tarmac.  Left the game and came back in.  Nothing was left of the controls I set.  Very frustrating.  Will redo after a quiet evening with some beer and try again tomorrow, but only in the tower.  Will advise if I need more beer if it fails, or switch to JD :)

Oh, my first post since 2016/2017 when the 475th Satans Angles moved to War Thunder.  Coming back for a change.   :aok

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2021, 03:32:07 AM »
What HOTAS System are you using? Seems that a couple, have their unique quirks in AH
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 06:34:24 PM »
Got it figured out.  Headset would time out in Steam after about five seconds.  Changed that to five minutes.  Also changed WMR time out to 20 minutes.  I was changing commands after the system had timed because I had to take the headset off so I could read my settings from another Flight Sim.
 I wanted all the commands to be the same so I do not have to relearn stuff.  Got it figured and just for the heck of it, copied all the commands and converted them from a note book document to a Excell Spreadsheet.  Now, if I crash my computer, I can redo it from a backup on a second SSD or if all is  gone, I have a printed copy  :cheers:

I have the Thustmaster HOTAS Wharthog with Throttle and some Rudder Pedals from MFG Crosswinds.  Love the ability to use left or right pedal for braking aircraft to keep it on runway as well as help in turning Tanks  :banana: