Author Topic: Steam  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Steam
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »
Petey... hurray for your first post. The sheep kind of gives you away though.     :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 03:09:40 PM »
yeah changed my handle <g>

could use long time lurker..... first time poster  :D
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 07:26:05 PM »
Eeeek are you guys ready for the new blood who dont care to play by your rules and will fight however they want? I hope millions of those people start playing this game...maybe ill come back then :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »
Eeeek are you guys ready for the new blood who dont care to play by your rules and will fight however they want? I hope millions of those people start playing this game...maybe ill come back then :D

I hear about 40,000 just got the ban hammer. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 06:06:59 PM »
You may have a legitimate reason to be against charging for the 2 week trial but the "marketing" AH3 has had so far stinks. The free 2 week trial has not worked and will not work. If it had would we have seen steadily shrinking numbers over these last years? It's time for a change in thinking.

Steam is a marketing portal, let it market, they would run all sorts of specials using the two week fee, reducing it and bumping it back up, believe me they know what they are doing as all I ever hear from my kids is about some steam special coming up and can they buy this or that game.

Now I understand your old timer emotional attachment to the game and the desire to see no changes, after all its working for you. BUT, I tell you this game is toxic for newcomers. WE need new thinking and new ideas, and new innovations or this game that you love so much is dead and I mean DEAD. To the gaming community at large this game already is dead judging by what my 5 teenagers say about Dad's game.

IT HAS WORKED FOR 16 OR 17 YEARS-you say the 2 week free trial isn't working, BUT YOU THINK CHARGING FOR A 2 WEEK TRIAL WILL, that's just nuts.
you ever look a gift  horse in the mouth, 2 week free trial vs paying a 2 week trial. hmmm i'll take the free one.

you and nugetx must have used the 2 WEEK FREE TRIAL to play AH3 to make all your comments and wishes. would you had paid a fee to play and do the same, are you 2 professional game suggestion makers? find a game to complain about and make suggestions about it.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »
Fantastic news August

Did HTC decide it will try Steam?  I hope so.  I'm hoping that it will bring in more players -- we need that.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 08:57:27 PM »
 :x cool  :x
Two weeks
 :banana: :banana: :banana:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."