Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52773 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »
I think there's much exaggerated expectation within the remaining AH community about this move.

I voted YES, because I absolutely want you to go forth and prove me wrong  :old:

I hope we are both wrong, but I view it pretty much like you  and my expectations are not very high.

HiTech

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
Wishing the best for Aces High. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
Previous software you wrote just went the steam route, Hitech.

It didn't do well because 1) the graphics were dated, 2) the write-up was misleading, and 3) they didn't have the logistical tail in place to support the new steam community.

Hopefully you will do better:)  I would also consider a "instant action" arena with a limited plane set....so you won't have guys in zeke's fighting runstangs and uber jugs right off the bat.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
I hope this move to steam isn't a sign of how bad things actually are and this isn't the last ditch effort. Please have more life AH, please!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »

It didn't do well because 1) the graphics were dated, 2) the write-up was misleading, and 3) they didn't have the logistical tail in place to support the new steam community.

Hopefully you will do better:)  I would also consider a "instant action" arena with a limited plane set....so you won't have guys in zeke's fighting runstangs and uber jugs right off the bat.

Dobs,

How do you think the graphics compare between AH3 and Warbirds 2016?     And, in what way did you think the write-up was misleading?   I'm concerned also about your #3.   

I read some of the bad reviews of Warbirds on Steam, and the negative review voted 'most helpful' actually named Aces High as a better alternative, which is great. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
Do steam users gey a "try before you buy" equvallent to the current 2-weeks trial?

No.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

We don't even need An arena. He can just open the match play arena up to suite a few more modes ?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »
i just don't want this to hurt Aces High and i don't want Aces High to go away. i tried WOT and i didna like it.. this is the only game i want to play. i just want to be able to log in and play with no problems other than my stupid internet cutting off when I'm right in the middle of something. which i hope to change in july or august.. i have viewed War Thunder and Armoured Warfare on youtube and they look stupid.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
If steam will not allow a 2 week trial, Dob's suggestion for a quick action arena with a limited plane set may take the place of that. Some of the down sides would be it becoming it's own community like the DA furball lake became, the MA would suffer from that or, too many vets taking advantage of the newbies in that arena to pad their egos driving them away. The MA will be tough enough with all the vets jumping on an influx of neophytes they can mindlessly slaughter after all these years of facing mostly other vets.

What will happen to the current AH 2 week trial and free to play with a Steam gateway to our game?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2017, 01:00:55 PM »
I have not seen anything that would prevent Aces High from being free to play on steam like it is now.

HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Copperhead, you don't have to play through steam.

And "Hunt or Prey" is my favorite, it's the video I show to people whom I want to come play.

I don't get the title.   They are synonymous verbs.  Hunt.  Prey.   :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »
Hunt is certainly clear but Prey is ambiguous as in "to prey upon" or "to be prey"
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
Hunt is certainly clear but Prey is ambiguous as in "to prey upon" or "to be prey"

Then I would suggest "Hunter or Prey" to be correct.  I will put my grammar nazi uniform away now.  Lol

The all-time best film is IL-2's "Come With Me" from years back.   I've never seen anything come close.   Wish someone could do something like that for AH3. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyClg6rkGhg

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:33:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
Then I would suggest "Hunter or Prey" to be correct.  I will put my grammar nazi uniform away now.  Lol

The all-time best film is IL-2's "Come With Me" from years back.   I've never seen anything come close.   Wish someone could do something like that for AH3. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyClg6rkGhg

My ears!  Yuck that's audio suicide.

There used to be a video about ten years ago set to the music of "praise the lord and pass the ammunition".   Always enjoyed that one, wish I could find it.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
I think the arenas should stay as they are. the MA/Melee arena is just fine. a quick action arena with limited plane choice is a bad idea.. besides I hear you can and somebody as started one already--but do not limit the types of planes. current players already have their favorite rides and may not want to play in it if they can't get it.

Plus to HiTech-we need more terrains/maps  AH2 had 14 AH3 only has 8 is there a chance we can see more soon? and I'm talking about originals as Baltic-Beta-esp Compello-mesa view-ozkansas etc. player made terrains are fine but seem to take to long.

plus if you do go with Steam-and you/we get more players, I already the whine maps are to small for amount of players or too big etc.

well enough for now, legs hurt must rest see you all later. <S> to all AH players.. P.S. ^^ just my thoughts^^
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.