Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53721 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Not unless you have a way to link your current account to steam. It can be done with no loss.

The only possible issue is, if Steam is down for some reason or another, being able to log into AH without it. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »
No he isn't--I pointed that out in my first post about him.  But then again, he could just be busy putting his skills to money-making uses--he does seem to have professional skills.  A emailed inquiry from HTC--as a prospective client--to find out if he's available costs nothing.

You seem to be missing the obvious here: he has never made a film from our game. Sure he has editing skills and an eye for attractive shots, but he has never used our film viewer, with it's steep learning curve.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »
Considering some of the crap that has been green lit over the years, I would bet that Aces High, which has a near 20 year track record and a recent huge update, with very regular fixes/etc to that update, will get the Green Light.   It comes down IMO to how much attention that can be grabbed, and how many players from Steam can be attracted to try the game, NOT if it gets "in" or not. 

I'd really love this to work.  Something to work.  It's hard to accept that the game had such full arenas (I remember loudly swearing nightly trying to join orange or blue when my squad was in there and the server was full - 1st world problems right) not that long ago, and that the game is vastly better now, with great VR implementation, etc.  With even MORE players interested in WW2 gaming - look at all the WW2 multiplayer games out there - the thing I keep circling back to is these players just don't KNOW about Aces High.  Yes, IL2 is great, yes DCS is great, but AH is still a unique experience and game, which can offer a larger sandbox/environment and a scoring system those other sims don't have.  A lot of gamers are competitive, and it's that competition and how it can be expressed which should be hammered on to the potential Steam gamers. 

Just my opinions, I understand it's easy to have low expectations from Steam, and everything else, but I still strongly believe there are more WW2/Sim gamers out there than ever right now, and that AH can capture enough to bring back those Titanic Tuesday type numbers, and reasonably quickly too.  The word - the right word/videos/whatever - just needs to get out to these potential players. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:50:12 PM by Gman »

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »
Considering some of the crap that has been green lit over the years, I would bet that Aces High, which has a near 20 year track record and a recent huge update, with very regular fixes/etc to that update, will get the Green Light.   It comes down IMO to how much attention that can be grabbed, and how many players from Steam can be attracted to try the game, NOT if it gets "in" or not. 

I'd really love this to work.  Something to work.  It's hard to accept that the game had such full arenas (I remember loudly swearing nightly trying to join orange or blue when my squad was in there and the server was full - 1st world problems right) not that long ago, and that the game is vastly better now, with great VR implementation, etc.  With even MORE players interested in WW2 gaming - look at all the WW2 multiplayer games out there - the thing I keep circling back to is these players just don't KNOW about Aces High.  Yes, IL2 is great, yes DCS is great, but AH is still a unique experience and game, which can offer a larger sandbox/environment and a scoring system those other sims don't have.  A lot of gamers are competitive, and it's that competition and how it can be expressed which should be hammered on to the potential Steam gamers. 

Just my opinions, I understand it's easy to have low expectations from Steam, and everything else, but I still strongly believe there are more WW2/Sim gamers out there than ever right now, and that AH can capture enough to bring back those Titanic Tuesday type numbers, and reasonably quickly too.  The word - the right word/videos/whatever - just needs to get out to these potential players.

This i agree with!!!!!!
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »

Wisdom.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
+1 on what Gman said.

I was never here for the big numbers era of Aces High.
Hoping for the best.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »
I voted..... :salute

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2017, 03:05:14 AM »
Maybe the steam greenlight could be posted on the front page of the website news?  More people would see it also probably

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2017, 04:50:48 AM »
Not that I,m aware of.

In the greenlight list, aces high shows up in the 'greenlighted' category.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »
In the greenlight list, aces high shows up in the 'greenlighted' category.

It is on steam greenlight, but it is not 'green lit' yet :P

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
I voted. The commercial is molto cheesy.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »

True story.

The challenge with Aces High is letting all gamers out there play the game as it's not cross-platform compatible ...i.e. XBox or Playstation.  Then again, playing any flight simulator with a xbox controller is almost impossible.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:37 AM »
Not unless you have a way to link your current account to steam. It can be done with no loss.
Yea I was thinking what if I play it as a non steam game through steam
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
Anyone been around long enough to remember what AOL? did for AW when it was only Genie? If I recall it was a big boost but the Genie guys hated it

PS or was it Gamestorm?
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Anyone been around long enough to remember what AOL? did for AW when it was only Genie? If I recall it was a big boost but the Genie guys hated it

PS or was it Gamestorm?

I never played on Genie because I just couldnt afford that. I got AOL only after they picked up AW, and it was the only reason I did get AOL. The few arenas were alway full and you had to wait to get it in due to the big bump it got.

Exposure is whats its all about. Whether its social media, tv and magazine adds, or getting on Steam, that is the biggest thing HTC needs these days. They already have a great game, it is well maintained with frequent updates, most of which are geared toward moving the game forward and not cleaning bugs as there are very few that crop up.