Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53638 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »

I never played on Genie because I just couldnt afford that. I got AOL only after they picked up AW, and it was the only reason I did get AOL. The few arenas were alway full and you had to wait to get it in due to the big bump it got.

Exposure is whats its all about. Whether its social media, tv and magazine adds, or getting on Steam, that is the biggest thing HTC needs these days. They already have a great game, it is well maintained with frequent updates, most of which are geared toward moving the game forward and not cleaning bugs as there are very few that crop up.

I didn't play on Genie either I used to watch Mute play on Genie, I got in at the beginning of AOL or Gamestorm.  It is amazing how few people / places know about AH
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2017, 11:06:34 AM »
I had a $600 phone bill once  :bolt:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2017, 11:15:19 AM »
I had a $600 phone bill once  :bolt:

I saw it in the 90s and knew myself well enough that I knew that would be the norm. I chose food and rent instead of online flight sims.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
I just set up an account.  Unable to vote for some reason.  Maybe I have to wait 24 hours???

Anyone else?

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2017, 11:32:31 AM »
Anyone been around long enough to remember what AOL? did for AW when it was only Genie? If I recall it was a big boost but the Genie guys hated it

PS or was it Gamestorm?

It was Gamestorm

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »
I have not defiantly decided to publish on steam but the first step is to get it approved. Then all will depend if a deal can be made.

So please go to the green light and vote.

Please Vote on this green light page

HiTech

This Game rocks. It's a shame so few play it. If the steam team is rolled in and the common price has to move up a bit, I support it.  It's been 14.95 for 8 years now?

My biggest fear in this game is not new plane, or strat change, or eny or other such small ball. It's that this will stop generating enough revenue to keep going.  Sign 'em up, and good luck!   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2017, 11:38:42 AM »
Voted!  :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
This Game rocks. It's a shame so few play it. If the steam team is rolled in and the common price has to move up a bit, I support it.  It's been 14.95 for 8 years now?

My biggest fear in this game is not new plane, or strat change, or eny or other such small ball. It's that this will stop generating enough revenue to keep going.  Sign 'em up, and good luck!   :salute

If the revenue stream increases the price could be lowered and HTC will still make more money. This type of product doesn't enjoy much price inelasticity.  In the end it's all about subscriber numbers...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:40:44 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »
If the revenue stream increases the price could be lowered and HTC will still make more money. This type of product doesn't enjoy much price elasticity.  In the end it's all about subscriber numbers...

a lack of elasticity implied that you can change the price and it will not effect the demand. I'm not sure you meant it that way, But I agree your statement. If the price goes up, I keep playing.
I have more invested in my rig than I will ever spend on a subscription at ~15/month. For players that play many games this may not be the case, but I bet if the price were to go up, most would keep playing. Heck they spend more hours on-line than they do watching TV. I'd bet they're cable bill is way bigger than thier HTC bill.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
Might need to start a wishlist thread for custom non historic skins which can only be viewed by the person in the plane....Skin Markets draw big crowds just like competitive games on Steam.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
One of the things I'd really recommend would be cranking up the overhaul of the remaining AH1 models.
You really don't wanna show the Steam folks the current cockpit of the Tempest...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
a lack of elasticity implied that you can change the price and it will not effect the demand. I'm not sure you meant it that way, But I agree your statement. If the price goes up, I keep playing.
I have more invested in my rig than I will ever spend on a subscription at ~15/month. For players that play many games this may not be the case, but I bet if the price were to go up, most would keep playing. Heck they spend more hours on-line than they do watching TV. I'd bet they're cable bill is way bigger than thier HTC bill.  :salute

Autoincorrect strikes again.   I tried to rephrase the sentence and I got clobbered.  Let me fix it.   Damned cell phones.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:41:59 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
I just set up an account.  Unable to vote for some reason.  Maybe I have to wait 24 hours???

Anyone else?

I did as well would not let me vote-something like I did not qualify
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »
Do you have any kind of restructuring plan in place?