Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53697 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »
added comment, voted yes, and Favorited.

And so they came.. From all walks of life; squeekers, manned-gun enthusiasts, bomb-n-bailers, Ho-tards, bomb****s, Alt-monkies, and film-viewer peekers!....

And the veterans of AH3 will smite them back unto the tower whence they came!    :salute 
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2017, 01:17:56 PM »
Ima vuuuuuuuuuulch them sooooo bad.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:12 PM »
Ima vuuuuuuuuuulch them sooooo bad.

Yeah, good idea. HTC working to bring in new players, and you working to drive them away. Hopefully, you're just joking. I would hope all the players who have been around a while will not only play nice, but also welcome the new players and actually try to help them. Clubbing baby seals only serves to stroke one's ego; after everyone leaves the game, all that's left is to stroke yourself.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:32:37 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
One of the things I'd really recommend would be cranking up the overhaul of the remaining AH1 models.
You really don't wanna show the Steam folks the current cockpit of the Tempest...
+100000000
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
Yea I was thinking what if I play it as a non steam game through steam
I know this is going to sound like crap, but war thunder has it setup to where you can link your account to steam, you dont have to have steam to play the game as it gives you an icon on desktop that you can use to launch regular. You can also launch VIA steam, and in the game menu where you can login, it gives you the option for a regular login or steam login for the same account. As far as I have seen, the account stays the same across both platforms.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »

I never played on Genie because I just couldnt afford that. I got AOL only after they picked up AW, and it was the only reason I did get AOL. The few arenas were alway full and you had to wait to get it in due to the big bump it got.

Exposure is whats its all about. Whether its social media, tv and magazine adds, or getting on Steam, that is the biggest thing HTC needs these days. They already have a great game, it is well maintained with frequent updates, most of which are geared toward moving the game forward and not cleaning bugs as there are very few that crop up.

AW4W was also free in AOL, the primary reason why it was always full.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »

I never played on Genie because I just couldnt afford that. I got AOL only after they picked up AW, and it was the only reason I did get AOL. The few arenas were alway full and you had to wait to get it in due to the big bump it got.

Exposure is whats its all about. Whether its social media, tv and magazine adds, or getting on Steam, that is the biggest thing HTC needs these days. They already have a great game, it is well maintained with frequent updates, most of which are geared toward moving the game forward and not cleaning bugs as there are very few that crop up.

I did play on GEnie for a couple of years starting in '90 but switched to playing Red Baron on what later became The Sierra Network because of the flat rate. Was like 30 hours for $20/mo or something like that. Made the wife ack much less threatening.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »
Will the only effect the current core community that does not live in the AH forums be an increase in new names to shoot at? Or, are there things that might surprise them negatively they will have to adjust to, to make this work?

None of you appear to be advocating for those masses, just your personal desires about gaming, and they can go pound sand if they don't get the tingle up their leg you are about this. If this is benign and they won't see anything but new easy to kill targets, then tell them that. If there are adjustments and compromises to their current expectations for their $14.95, someone better have a good PR story before ch200 and word of mouth ticks them off. Unless this becomes an opportunity for people to try and get rid of the older core group thinking Steam will refresh the herd with a more like minded demographic to take their place.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
You do worry a lot don't you Bustr. Relax.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
Emergency power to the shields Scotty!! The Romulans are de-cloaking off the starboard bow!!!

I don't think that's what were saying here if I get that right, had a few? Please reread your post
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
You do worry a lot don't you Bustr. Relax.

Bustr has got to have anxiety issues. Bustr if you ever need someone to talk to man I'm here. Everything's gonna be ok man!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »
I did as well would not let me vote-something like I did not qualify

Yep, I created an account to vote, would not let me.
Looked into it and it said you must put $5 into your account to prove your not a bot, spammer or other new world cybro entity....
I have not done it, as I don't use steam ,, maybe I should dabble... Some games do look mighty shexy...
There is only one game for me..please let this bring in subscribers so I don't have to cheat on my mistress....
If it gets close and needs more votes 'holler' and I'll spend that $5 and vote.
Good luck with this..bring in the new blood.!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
It was Gamestorm

It was AOL/Kesmei first after Genie, then it went to Gamestorm, then EA bought it and shut it down.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
It was AOL/Kesmei first after Genie, then it went to Gamestorm, then EA bought it and shut it down.

Yep, but the point I think I was trying to make is neither AOL or Gamestorm hurt AW, took some adjustments but it helped, until some player came along with his own games and then EA finished it off
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Not anxiety issues, this forum population is not the community who never comes in here and has no clue you are voting for something they have not been asked to vote for. Or are your less than cordial remarks how you really feel about them being in the game or, is this like the health care sales pitch about being able to keep your Doctor?

Most of you are not asking questions because you don't care other than this is a change. I'm not hearing many answers other than "peer borg" only wanting to hear "change is here". This blows up, all of you will just find another game and go Hitech, hmmmm, yes I knew him before he blew it. And I told him so all the time in his forums.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.