Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53930 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »
I didn't understand this to be a democratic decision Bustr. You do seem rather worked up over the possible outcomes. The infuence of this forum is very feint on anything meaningful, is my impression. Like all things I'm sure there's positives and negatives.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
Yeah, good idea. HTC working to bring in new players, and you working to drive them away. Hopefully, you're just joking. I would hope all the players who have been around a while will not only play nice, but also welcome the new players and actually try to help them. Clubbing baby seals only serves to stroke one's ego; after everyone leaves the game, all that's left is to stroke yourself.

Extra letters in vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulch imply that i'm joking, derrrr...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2017, 06:22:40 PM »
Really need a better video on the steam voting site.  The one there does nothing to show off how good this game really is. 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »
I suspect this is really about needing the votes at Steam to get past the stage at the beginning of April when Hitech "decided" to put a version on Steam. As I pointed out in my first response, this post is a Catch-22. If we want to see what will happen at Steam, Hitech needs a group he is pretty sure will up vote AH3, to vote for it at Steam. These kinds of things have unintended consequence without something already in place to address them. Hence my concern for the community who will never come in here but, are prey to gossip on 200 and range. And I can think of a number of players who enjoy stirring that pot any way they can just to screw with the MA.

Change for the sake of change is not a foundation to build anything upon no matter how strong the tingle running up your leg gets over it. This is not a bad idea to increase the community numbers, I applaud the decision and the potential. How this can go wonky "innocently" during prime time USA time in the MA is something to be a bit concerned for and the borg fingers in the ears attitude here in the forum. Getting happy has a side effect of hearing only what keeps you happy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
Pro: some more exposure.

Cons: Time to create the the stuff that talks to steam, and % of revenue they take.

HiTech

Well it took WW2OL about 3 years but they are about to go live.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2017, 09:38:35 PM »
Me too: added comment, voted yes, and Favorited.
 :aok
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
I suspect this is really about needing the votes at Steam to get past the stage at the beginning of April when Hitech "decided" to put a version on Steam. As I pointed out in my first response, this post is a Catch-22. If we want to see what will happen at Steam, Hitech needs a group he is pretty sure will up vote AH3, to vote for it at Steam. These kinds of things have unintended consequence without something already in place to address them. Hence my concern for the community who will never come in here but, are prey to gossip on 200 and range. And I can think of a number of players who enjoy stirring that pot any way they can just to screw with the MA.

Change for the sake of change is not a foundation to build anything upon no matter how strong the tingle running up your leg gets over it. This is not a bad idea to increase the community numbers, I applaud the decision and the potential. How this can go wonky "innocently" during prime time USA time in the MA is something to be a bit concerned for and the borg fingers in the ears attitude here in the forum. Getting happy has a side effect of hearing only what keeps you happy.

Well maybe HTC can add a message of the day for when you login to the game. This way EVERYONE knows whats going on and those that wish, can vote.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2017, 10:41:33 PM »

Well maybe HTC can add a message of the day for when you login to the game. This way EVERYONE knows whats going on and those that wish, can vote.

you need to create an account on steam first and deposit 5 bucks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2017, 12:32:29 AM »
you need to create an account on steam first and deposit 5 bucks.

semp

That is true, but there are plenty of us who already use steam.

And if you just don't want to dump 5 bucks into steam but still want to vote,  you can just purchase a game which you wanted for a long time, perfect excuse ! ;)

Offline salt101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2017, 12:49:38 AM »
I voted for it. I am very active on steam. I cancelled by AH account because the numbers were so low. Once they get back up I'll be back and steam is the perfect way to do it IMO.
Salt,
The three most dangerous vehicles in AH are the C47, M3 and LVT

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2017, 12:56:23 AM »
I voted for it. I am very active on steam. I cancelled by AH account because the numbers were so low. Once they get back up I'll be back and steam is the perfect way to do it IMO.

:aok yep steam is the way to go  :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2017, 01:12:42 AM »
I suspect this is really about needing the votes at Steam to get past the stage...

That was my take on it.

Hence my concern for the community who will never come in here but, are prey to gossip on 200 and range.

Well that's noble of you, of course forum access is free if they cared to share a broader discussion about the game. Perhaps they just play casually...

Change for the sake of change is not a foundation to build anything upon

Equally not changing in a crisis or adapting to a changing environment is not a good response. Trust to the experts. I'm imagining it is fault-tolerant.

This is not a bad idea to increase the community numbers, I applaud the decision and the potential. How this can go wonky "innocently" during prime time USA time in the MA is something to be a bit concerned for and the borg fingers in the ears attitude here in the forum. Getting happy has a side effect of hearing only what keeps you happy.

A lot of the Eurpoean / far-eastern players might be instrumental as growth there would be healthy for AH in general. An influx of international players would be good and there wouldn't be the tumble-weed phenomenon in the Eurpoean daytime. This observable pushed by the 'start time' of AH which is a bad thing for a persistant arean MMOG. It was truly awful at the end of AH2. Couple of hours of no joy every day really makes you turn it off.

The Borg Bustr, the BORG!

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:15 AM »
That was my take on it.

Well that's noble of you, of course forum access is free if they cared to share a broader discussion about the game. Perhaps they just play casually...

Equally not changing in a crisis or adapting to a changing environment is not a good response. Trust to the experts. I'm imagining it is fault-tolerant.

A lot of the Eurpoean / far-eastern players might be instrumental as growth there would be healthy for AH in general. An influx of international players would be good and there wouldn't be the tumble-weed phenomenon in the Eurpoean daytime. This observable pushed by the 'start time' of AH which is a bad thing for a persistant arean MMOG. It was truly awful at the end of AH2. Couple of hours of no joy every day really makes you turn it off.

The Borg Bustr, the BORG! (Image removed from quote.)
I actually think there are more euro/asia players on steam then US because most US gamers are console gamers....maybe The Few will tunr back into The Many :aok

bustr is straight up paranoid for no reason....first it was everyone is out to get Hitech next it's everyone is trying to run out the people who have been here a while....Look around bustr they are already gone and it for sure wasn't because someone ran them off.

All the issues in game stem from numbers...steam doesn't guarantee it but it's worth a shot.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2017, 04:08:43 AM »
All the issues in game stem from numbers...steam doesn't guarantee it but it's worth a shot.

Yep and some gameplay changes would be welcome also, like rolling plane set, a real life map (europe seems like the best theatre), war 1939-1945 and 2 sides, axis vs allies

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2017, 04:40:55 AM »
steam doesn't guarantee it but it's worth a shot.

Agreed  :aok

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-