Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52775 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »
I actually think there are more euro/asia players on steam then US because most US gamers are console gamers....maybe The Few will tunr back into The Many :aok

bustr is straight up paranoid for no reason....first it was everyone is out to get Hitech next it's everyone is trying to run out the people who have been here a while....Look around bustr they are already gone and it for sure wasn't because someone ran them off.

All the issues in game stem from numbers...steam doesn't guarantee it but it's worth a shot.

only if we vote labour   :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »
We need to do something.  I've been playing for almost 20 years.  Changes and updates are good to keep the game current.  But the question is why are we where we are.  Low player community.  In my opinion game play has taken a secondary seat through the years.  I wont attempt to list what I think some of those changes are but most of you will have you own list as well.

Question, with the Steam community being listed in the millions just shear number of players trying the game could we be closed out of the game?

dr7

Offline KrzyIvan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:01 AM »
Tried to Vote but Steam wont let me says my account does not have voting privs

Me too
Please don't tell Mum I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whor3house.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2017, 06:46:57 AM »
I think someone already mentioned it too.  Would hi-tech be able to handle all the "good problems" that come from a mass community.  For them, I think they want those problems.  The price should limit numbers so I would not worry till that happens.  The risk imo is this takes away from revenue and players.  This is htc's gamble, is it really getting with the times or another internet business that undermines the original business. 

Me, I voted and went to play another steam game I have that I gave up on last year.

I say go for it HTC.  Looks like your green Light to me and the comment section is getting rich with flavor.   :eek:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
Will the only effect the current core community that does not live in the AH forums be an increase in new names to shoot at? Or, are there things that might surprise them negatively they will have to adjust to, to make this work?

None of you appear to be advocating for those masses, just your personal desires about gaming, and they can go pound sand if they don't get the tingle up their leg you are about this. If this is benign and they won't see anything but new easy to kill targets, then tell them that. If there are adjustments and compromises to their current expectations for their $14.95, someone better have a good PR story before ch200 and word of mouth ticks them off. Unless this becomes an opportunity for people to try and get rid of the older core group thinking Steam will refresh the herd with a more like minded demographic to take their place.   
briefest post in bustr history  :devil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:00 AM »
Yep and some gameplay changes would be welcome also, like rolling plane set,

Never going to happen. It is rumored it was one of the things that killed Warbirds...... Hitech first WWII flight game.

a real life map (europe seems like the best theatre), war 1939-1945 and 2 sides, axis vs allies

Already have this in the Axis vs Allied arena, they have an even worst numbers problem there. Could be due to the early plane set, or could be because its only 2 sides, but that arena has never really taken off.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2017, 07:58:07 AM »
Its been said multiple times in this thread, but people keep missing it.

If you want to vote, but have never used Steam before, you have to put $5 into your account through the Steam wallet, or a game purchase. It's their security method to ensure you're not a bot/spammer, etc.

Also just an idea, if somebody wants to they can set up an Aces High Steam group, and anyone can put their steam ID's here to be added.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:59:46 AM by Krupinski »

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2017, 08:17:05 AM »
Never going to happen. It is rumored it was one of the things that killed Warbirds...... Hitech first WWII flight game.

Already have this in the Axis vs Allied arena, they have an even worst numbers problem there. Could be due to the early plane set, or could be because its only 2 sides, but that arena has never really taken off.

There is no war.  That is why.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2017, 08:42:17 AM »

The map has nothing to do with it where AvA is concerned.   There are many other variables in play that make it a ghost town.   This is not an apples vs apples comparison. 

Two sides was awesome in Warbirds.   It died with two sides.  We are dying with three.   The causes are similar--except that Wild Bill was a tool and terribly short-sighted.   Three sides at our level of participation only dilutes the fight and stagnates th fronts.   Stagnant fronts are boring.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:12:50 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
You do worry a lot don't you Bustr. Relax.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »
The map has nothing to do with it where AvA is concerned.   There are many other variables in play that make it a ghost town.   This is not apples vs apples comparison.
When it was the Combat Theatre, we had daily numbers of 30-50 players and it was two sided historical match-up's based on various events and time periods from 1939-1945. And it worked.

We currently just don't have the numbers anymore to fill it. Heck, with 110-150 players on a night in the MA, we barely have the #'s to fill and make the main arena work, let alone our historical one.

I'm hoping for a Greenlight from Steam. It'll give our game the attention it needs and hopefully rebuild our player base.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Yep and some gameplay changes would be welcome also, like rolling plane set, a real life map (europe seems like the best theatre), war 1939-1945 and 2 sides, axis vs allies
Not a fan for a rolling plane set in the MA but if we had more numbers Im sure the AvA would go back to how it was when it pretty much had a rolling planeset.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:55 AM »
Excited about potential injection of players, disappointed in actual presentation of this game on the page for a person that's never played... I don't think that first video shows off what's great about the game...

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Yep and some gameplay changes would be welcome also, like rolling plane set, a real life map (europe seems like the best theatre), war 1939-1945 and 2 sides, axis vs allies

Already exist in special events.  The next FSO is mid war Europe and looks awesome!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »
Excited about potential injection of players, disappointed in actual presentation of this game on the page for a person that's never played... I don't think that first video shows off what's great about the game...

The description is kinda the same as it has always been, too. They may wish to tell potential customers that this is a game in constant development as a work of passion for how long it has been. They may also want to note how small their team is, and how roughly how often potential customers might expect to see updates because of this.

I only hope the small group at HTC is prepared for the potential influx of customers this may bring. There may be lots of steam forum posts asking questions or asking for help that I hope get answered.

Don't expect a whole lot at the onset without some extra advertising. We as a community may need to ask some popular Youtube flight sim enthusiasts to do some reviews.

It's a risk, but the reward may be great.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok