Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53605 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »
DynaE:

I am amazed how many people criticize the commercial video, I assume this one.

yet not one person has posted a link to something they think is better.

Also the note wanting to become a big company has always been miss under stood. That statement relates to no wish to branch into other products, nor have a large number of employees. It had nothing to do with how many players I would like to have.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2017, 01:46:59 PM »
Please update all the old AH1 models.  Many of the AH2 models look antiquated compared to the more recent stuff.  If 10 year old terrain graphics were not a good selling point, 10 year old plane graphics aren't either.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
DynaE:

Also the note wanting to become a big company has always been miss under stood. That statement relates to no wish to branch into other products, nor have a large number of employees. It had nothing to do with how many players I would like to have.

HiTech

The video isn't bad, it just doesn't show the greatest novelty that the game has to offer: Large battles on a large, persistant map.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2017, 02:00:42 PM »
Please update all the old AH1 models.  Many of the AH2 models look antiquated compared to the more recent stuff.  If 10 year old terrain graphics were not a good selling point, 10 year old plane graphics aren't either.

Hmmm seems to me we just release an updated model last week.

HiTech

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »

HiTech

I think most people have no idea what is involved with updating a model, and expect that you should be able to release 100 updated models within a month.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

HiTech

Yes, you did.  But a gaming community that is used to seeing something new to them having better graphics than the last one they saw is going to absolutely tear you apart over the AH1 models.  I'd go as far as to say from the standpoint of making a good first impression you'd almost be better pulling them until they're reworked.

I think most people have no idea what is involved with updating a model, and expect that you should be able to release 100 updated models within a month.

No, I've got a decent idea what's involved.  What I'm saying is I don't believe HT gives the old models enough credit for how big of a blemish they put on a first impression.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »
One day, when Waffle is not doing anything (hehe), and when HiTech is amendable, Waffle should write up a step-by-step procedure of what it takes to get a model into the game.

By the time you guys hit line item #982, you would give up and never mention it again.

I just do not know if we can afford to have Waffle off updating art for the 3 days it might take to write that up. :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:12:25 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »

HiTech

Thanks!  :cheers:

The pace of updating models needs to be increased, IMO.  There is a large disparity between old and new.

I understand there is much to do and a limited staff with which to do it.  That doesn't change the fact that it needs to be done. 

Yes, you did.  But a gaming community that is used to seeing something new to them having better graphics than the last one they saw is going to absolutely tear you apart over the AH1 models.  I'd go as far as to say from the standpoint of making a good first impression you'd almost be better pulling them until they're reworked.

No, I've got a decent idea what's involved.  What I'm saying is I don't believe HT gives the old models enough credit for how big of a blemish they put on a first impression.

Wiley.

There should be a reasonably close degree of quality on all the models.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
<snip>
There should be a reasonably close degree of quality on all the models.

No one would argue with that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »

But you did have many offer ideas that would better showcase Aces High - because your ad is truly awful.

Just look at the trailer for the Italian Air Force expansion for War Thunder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nhkYIfC06c
This is a great model of an add for a flight game. It shows a variety of planes and actually demonstrates air combat - all with nice cinematic feel.

Even though I know what a steaming pile of crap War Thunder is, I still find their trailer captivating.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2017, 02:24:25 PM »
But you did have many offer ideas that would better showcase Aces High - because your ad is truly awful.

Just look at the trailer for the Italian Air Force expansion for War Thunder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nhkYIfC06c
This is a great model of an add for a flight game. It shows a variety of planes and actually demonstrates air combat - all with nice cinematic feel.

Even though I know what a steaming pile of crap War Thunder is, I still find their trailer captivating.

Not inspired at that video, but it does present a different way of doing it.

Offline DynaE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »
HiTech,

Sir, didnt mean to upset the applecart.That is the video i was referring to.I guess because im used to alot better gameplay the video should be different.Shocking, might have been to strong a word,and I apologize for not suggesting a alternative.

Yes it is easy to criticize,that one is on me,but I only want the best for the game.I will make a suggestion on the video,for what its worth,Carrier strike force, attack a nmy airfield,with said airfield attacked simultaneously by ground forces on their flank. Just a suggestion thats all.

Dont taze me bro,:)
Dyna

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
I'm sorry, but I found the AH commercial confusing.   I recognized the terrain and the Me110C and the M18 from AH3, but the soldiers inside the M18 made me second-guess and think I had missed a big update.  Also, I didn't feel like I was part of the target audience; to me it had sort of a juvenile vibe to it.   But maybe that'll play well to a Steam audience.   I hope so.

If it helps, here are a couple of game trailers that I think are very good.  The first shows massive space fights with players working together to accomplish a goal, and also has a cutaway to a player on a solo mission, showing the game supports multiple styles of play.  Real player voices are used and the sound track is epic and builds great tension:

I've rarely been so psyched by a game trailer - but the research I did on Eve and the negative reviews I read of it combined with a monthly subscription fee, made me pass on it.

The second also has dramatic music and does a great job of showcasing the variety of vehicles the game has and its graphics and especially all the special damage and explosion effects.   

What it doesn't show is player cooperation and communication-- the player community-- which AH has in spades, and why your game is so much more enjoyable to play.   <S>

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
I didn't get the impression the game was even about aircraft from that trailer- it looked like World of Tanks imitation.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Yep, I created an account to vote, would not let me.
Looked into it and it said you must put $5 into your account to prove your not a bot, spammer or other new world cybro entity....
I have not done it, as I don't use steam ,, maybe I should dabble... Some games do look mighty shexy...
There is only one game for me..please let this bring in subscribers so I don't have to cheat on my mistress....
If it gets close and needs more votes 'holler' and I'll spend that $5 and vote.
Good luck with this..bring in the new blood.!

you could also buy a 5$ game, lots of good ones at that price actually