Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52744 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »
Ok, the EVE trailer is fantastic.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »
Ok, the EVE trailer is fantastic.

Yea, but I keep hearing that the action isn't as fun as it is watching it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
It is amazing what you can do when you are given 3 or 4 minutes of time for a video.  Yes, those videos very seldom reflect the actual pace of any game play.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
Yea, but I keep hearing that the action isn't as fun as it is watching it.

Its an excellent game and deep game that is much more than just battle. Don't expect it to master the game in a month. The combats in it are different of what you would expect, bu the thrill you get in a pvp battle is comparable to aces high. Id suggest to try the free month just so you know what it is about.

The videos you guys linked are produced by big companies with PR departments etc. Maybe we should hold a contest of the best short video? The winner gets to fly santa on next christmas !! :banana:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
Just commision Dolby. He has a talent for the dramatic mini-story arch and spledid camera tracking to the point where your imagination transcends graphics and plane modelling.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
Its an excellent game and deep game that is much more than just battle. Don't expect it to master the game in a month. The combats in it are different of what you would expect, bu the thrill you get in a pvp battle is comparable to aces high. Id suggest to try the free month just so you know what it is about.

The videos you guys linked are produced by big companies with PR departments etc. Maybe we should hold a contest of the best short video? The winner gets to fly santa on next christmas !! :banana:

OK I chuckled out loud at that.

Seriously I think they did a player competition for videos for AH2, and that is why NirosAH2 created "Fly to Live":  https://youtu.be/Oh9FOD463cg
Dunno if he got to pilot Santa's sleigh for it though!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »
Just commision Dolby. He has a talent for the dramatic mini-story arch and spledid camera tracking to the point where your imagination transcends graphics and plane modelling.

Tried that, after waiting for something for a month and a half, he backed out and left me hanging. Then when I put some of his vids on our video page,  he pulled all his aces high videos down.

He is very talented at burning his bridges.

HiTech
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:24:27 PM by hitech »

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
It is amazing what you can do when you are given 3 or 4 minutes of time for a video.  Yes, those videos very seldom reflect the actual pace of any game play.
Yes, indeed it is amazing what you can do in 3-4 minutes with a killer video. I know I have bought games solely based on what a video looked like because it intrigued my interest.
If it sells your product it would be worth it yes?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »
If it sells your product it would be worth it yes?

That would the $24 question. If you are speaking of full production videos, think between $200,000 and 1 mil in productions costs.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »
Tried that, after waiting for something for a month and a half, he backed out and left me hanging. Then when I put some of his vids on our video page,  he pulled all his aces high videos down.

HiTech

I can try to mediate. I have his private email address. Realistically he's the most likely to make an analogue of the Eve video. There'd be a heap of good ahf raw material supplied I'm sure. It's just a professional transaction.

Willing to help, let me know.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »
I can try to mediate. I have his private email address. Realistically he's the most likely to make an analogue of the Eve video. There'd be a heap of good ahf raw material supplied I'm sure. It's just a professional transaction.

Willing to help, let me know.

I also have his email. No mediation needed. Like I said he has complete burnt all his bridges. And after leaving me hanging there is no way I would trust him again.

HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

HiTech

:rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »
I also have his email. No mediation needed. Like I said he has complete burnt all his bridges. And after leaving me hanging there is no way I would trust him again.

HiTech

Artsy types are sometimes like that, moody and unpredictable; sometimes you just gotta work with them.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
That would the $24 question. If you are speaking of full production videos, think between $200,000 and 1 mil in productions costs.

HiTech
You should shop around more. There are places that can do something starting at 15k

*edit
That was with a 2 minute google search and a phone call asking questions.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:51:15 PM by ariansworld »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
Artsy types are sometimes like that, moody and unpredictable; sometimes you just gotta work with them.

Actually, no you don't.  There are plenty of creative people who can be civil and down right professional.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com