Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53809 times)

Offline Fletcher

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »
I just got the news about AH going to Steam, now this is exciting for the game! However, everyone seems to be in consensus about the trailer video. I have the appropriate software and capabilities to come up with a decent cinematic video. I'd be willing to contribute to the cause for a month or two of free subscription, a far cry from $200,000.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
Actually, no you don't.  There are plenty of creative people who can be civil and down right professional.

*sigh* I guess I am trying to be a bit too positive.

Otherwise, a friend of mine paid about 5k for a music video (3 and a bit minutes long). I am sure you can find fresh new talent out there what wants to make a name for themselves without losing an arm over it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »
I could hum out of tune for a decent soundtrack  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Online JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2017, 03:55:23 PM »
One day, when Waffle is not doing anything (hehe), and when HiTech is amendable, Waffle should write up a step-by-step procedure of what it takes to get a model into the game.

By the time you guys hit line item #982, you would give up and never mention it again.

I just do not know if we can afford to have Waffle off updating art for the 3 days it might take to write that up. :D
Maybe hire another waffle like person and speed up output?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DynaE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »
Dale,

I just wanted to bring a point of view,to which this game deserves better than this video (in my view only).The video is way better than I could ever do and the horrible word that i used was probably to strong.

Is there any way to get off the (insert word here) list? suggestions,advice or just plain avoidance.

Dyna

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2017, 04:05:48 PM »
Dale,

I just wanted to bring a point of view,to which this game deserves better than this video (in my view only).The video is way better than I could ever do and the horrible word that i used was probably to strong.

Is there any way to get off the (insert word here) list? suggestions,advice or just plain avoidance.

Dyna

I was not offended in anyway by your post. I know our video is not the world greatest. If i could find one better suited I would use it.

But I was simply trying to point out ideas are a dime a dozen. Whats hard is implementing ideas.

HiTech

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
Amen!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
I was not offended in anyway by your post. I know our video is not the world greatest. If i could find one better suited I would use it.

But I was simply trying to point out ideas are a dime a dozen. Whats hard is implementing ideas.

HiTech

FWIW: https://www.videopixie.com/game-trailer-video-production-companies

The above-linked page contains company descriptions and their locations, work samples and quote request capability for several companies. 
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:42 PM »
Vudu does a lot of AH videos on you tube. They are mostly 1st person from the cockpit though. No trying to volunteer him or anything....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
I am pretty damn amazed that we have Hitech, Skuzzy and Waffle all contributing to this thread.  We're not just renting a room in the guest house, we're in their living room and having drinks.

As much as I stir the pot and provide useless content with bad grammar on the bbs, I just want to throw out a <S> to the devs and say thank you.

This is what makes AH awesome and makes me feel validated after taking a ten year break and buying a $1,500 rig for the sole purpose of coming back to play AH.

PS-  That space game looks dope.  I wonder if they have sheep and RV's?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
For what it's worth, this is the very video that got me excited to try out Aces High 2 for the first time.

I think Blade made it.

Kommando Nowotny

Offline DynaE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2017, 05:44:13 PM »
HiTech,

Looking at the response of the community and from what you have expressed,you certainly must be looking at all avenues.There are quite a few talented and capable people here in this community that by playing this game, knowing this game,could do a 1min.or less video.

Maybe I should challenge this talented group to make a video, and then submit that to Aces.I know that I will be flamed for this idea,easy for me to say,so be it,flame on. Do the video.Shoot,Lusche already volunteered to hum the background music.I certainly dont know all the details surrounding the topic of this post,time constraints,money,etc.,etc.So if you can set some parameters for the videos,see what happens,if its not good enough,ok we all just want the best,we will go from there.

I've said way to much,so I will quit now,just my two cents.

All the best
Dyna

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2017, 05:50:29 PM »
For what it's worth, this is the very video that got me excited to try out Aces High 2 for the first time.

I think Blade made it.

If that video was Aces High three it would be on the steam site.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Well community...the gauntlet is down.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »
delete me  :noid
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:29:49 PM by cav58d »
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group