Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52783 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:15 AM »
The video should be shot in the best quality the game has to offer and with zero cinematics because the game itself has zero cinematics.

It should also incorporate land sea and air because that is your domain on steam Hitech...not sure if you looked yet but you have the middle ground of War Thunder(MMO), IL2(Flight Model), World of Tanks(GVs) and that war ship game(BG/CV)....the guys who want all of those things are the ones you should be hunting for....which Im sure you already know.

Some will say Im crazy for saying this but the fact that Aces High has built in spectator and match play makes this game have a huge potential on steam....Esports potential...like Dreamhack 2019 potential, a championship being streamed in front of nearly 100K people....

I'm betting on a winner just like Rick Flair....I wager casting rights if Aces High gets that big like I think it can. :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34:24 AM »
Voted yes ofc.

<S> DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2017, 10:20:01 AM »
If anyone hasn't seen this, it looks like Cheech did a nifty film editing tutorial. I don't know how to use the shot tool so this might help others as well.

I understand the Film Viewer and tool maybe a little different than 2011 but hopefully still helpful in understanding the different views and concepts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uY6m1d2Zs

The voice is also oddly soothing ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:30:34 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline salt101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »
One thing that needs to be considered if the game goes on steam is the amount of players may explode to well over current arena limits. A game I play the most current called Elite Dangerous is far from the most popular game but it still has 11k-5k active players at any given time on steam ALONE, not counting off steam players. Iv seen it peak over 30k several times. Once AH goes on steam your server might get overwhelmed very quickly if you suddenly find yourself with 30000+ new sign ups.
Salt,
The three most dangerous vehicles in AH are the C47, M3 and LVT

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »
Voted for more realistic engine management (asxeto)   :noid

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »
Voted for more realistic engine management (asxeto)   :noid

No.  No.  No. 

Keyboards are a poor substitute for a throttle quadrant and various other levers used to manage an engine.   It's fine like it is.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »
whoa whoa whoa horsey, HiTech hasen't made up his mind to go with Steam yet, and here you'all are saying I want this I want that, he should do this or he should do that.
why don't you all just wait and see what happens.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:39 PM »
If anyone hasn't seen this, it looks like Cheech did a nifty film editing tutorial. I don't know how to use the shot tool so this might help others as well.

I understand the Film Viewer and tool maybe a little different than 2011 but hopefully still helpful in understanding the different views and concepts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uY6m1d2Zs

The voice is also oddly soothing ;)

Nice find Kanth!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
One thing that needs to be considered if the game goes on steam is the amount of players may explode to well over current arena limits. A game I play the most current called Elite Dangerous is far from the most popular game but it still has 11k-5k active players at any given time on steam ALONE, not counting off steam players. Iv seen it peak over 30k several times. Once AH goes on steam your server might get overwhelmed very quickly if you suddenly find yourself with 30000+ new sign ups.

This is totally illusory. The conditions aren't even remotely comparable between those two games.
Elite had a way older legacy than AH. Old gamers had been waiting for a resurrection for many years. It had big media coverage. A big publicity campaign. A kickstarter campaign which brought 1.5 Million £. A high profile CEO. And so on.

For comparison, AH's twitter announcement about Steam Greenlight has by now been retweeted 4(!) times...
Just putting AH on steam doesn't suddenly give you "30000+ new sign ups"

But IF it really did, I will eat my words and volunteer for extended TA service in the EURO time window (though unofficially, this time).  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »
But IF it really did, I will eat my words and volunteer for extended TA service in the EURO time window (though unofficially, this time).  :old:

This is something we might need to do, pitch-in to support those who join.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »

Great! I'll make sure Rodent signs you up!  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »
This is totally illusory. The conditions aren't even remotely comparable between those two games.
Elite had a way older legacy than AH. Old gamers had been waiting for a resurrection for many years. It had big media coverage. A big publicity campaign. A kickstarter campaign which brought 1.5 Million £. A high profile CEO. And so on.

For comparison, AH's twitter announcement about Steam Greenlight has by now been retweeted 4(!) times...
Just putting AH on steam doesn't suddenly give you "30000+ new sign ups"

...and I'll rejoin the AvA to get some good setups and rolling planesets going! :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »

if that happens ill fly 30 ENY German aircraft all month.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »

I'm gonna hold you to that.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »

Count me in for a month of sea hurricanes and C202's
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group