Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52776 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
One thing that needs to be considered if the game goes on steam is the amount of players may explode to well over current arena limits. A game I play the most current called Elite Dangerous is far from the most popular game but it still has 11k-5k active players at any given time on steam ALONE, not counting off steam players. Iv seen it peak over 30k several times. Once AH goes on steam your server might get overwhelmed very quickly if you suddenly find yourself with 30000+ new sign ups.
if this happened to AH I'd be out of this world happy
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
My guess is the subscription based pricing scares people off - easy to ask mom to buy a new game on the credit card at one time cost than it is to tell her you are getting charged 15 bucks a month.

That's where steam comes in, those without credit card can buy a voucher for cash and pay with it on steam.

Small teams don't have much in way of marketing savvy

That's where we come in, if everyone one of us can bring 1 more person, the numbers will double.

saw iffy eye candy,

Today there is a trend for games with 'old' graphics,  see minecraft or other pixel wonders like 'Terraria'. Graphics are not the problem.

poor gameplay,

:headscratch:

10 minutes between action, you sure wouldn't stick around for countless hours to master it.

With more people the action is faster, but flight sims in general are for more patient people, you can't do anything about it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:26:00 AM by nugetx »

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
The Warbirds forums are available for anyone to read, they did archive the old ones because of how bad it got but there is still a link available to them.  There is even a discussion on "retro graphics" being a selling point. 

Anyone that wants to see history repeat itself should take a gander, can be educational and somewhat entertaining. 

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »
The Warbirds forums are available for anyone to read, they did archive the old ones because of how bad it got but there is still a link available to them.  There is even a discussion on "retro graphics" being a selling point. 

Anyone that wants to see history repeat itself should take a gander, can be educational and somewhat entertaining.

I doubt AH will have the same fate..... look at warbirds steam page, there are 5 review comments....... AH is not even out on steam yet and there are 69 comments on the greenlight page

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
Disregard on the old forum, it's locked unless you were previously a member.  Unfortunate.

Optimism is a great thing.  Nuget was your name in WBs too yes?

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #290 on: May 27, 2017, 10:03:23 AM »

Optimism is a great thing.  Nuget was your name in WBs too yes?

Nah, there are plenty of Nuggets, and i'm not the Nugget from WB if there was one :P

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #291 on: May 27, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
HTC, make Nugetx the CEO of publicity, marketing and new player generation, stat. He's got a lot of energy!   :banana:

And...bury the hatchet with Dolby and get one of his films up on the Seam website.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:50:08 PM by Max »

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: May 27, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
Voted.  :aok

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #293 on: May 27, 2017, 03:05:06 PM »
And...bury the hatchet with Dolby and get one of his films up on the Seam website.

I dunno Max, his latest video on his account isn't that good.

Maybe the videos need a really top-notch director to pull it off right.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: May 27, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »
No....what you need is GlowingAmraam from DCS.

If your going to hire someone hire someone who is competent in the field

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: May 27, 2017, 04:16:48 PM »
if that happens ill fly 30 ENY German aircraft all month.   

And the ONLY thing I'll up in is the He-111 for a month.  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: May 27, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
If EW rides are free at least that won't scare everyone averse to subscriptions away.  You'll hook some who will pay.   The rest are targets. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »
If EW rides are free at least that won't scare everyone averse to subscriptions away.  You'll hook some who will pay.   The rest are targets.

I don't know if HTC is planning anything on gameplay changes with steam...... but if they are, when the game goes to steam it is the best time to do them, there are plenty of good ideas on the forum to help with the changes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:56:32 AM by nugetx »

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »

and then AH will get flagged as a "P2W"(pay to win) game amongst steam and many other game communities this would be a very bad choice as this can quickly result in a dead game as many.. other companies have learned not to mention the comments that would be posted on steam would quickly turn people away and also not leave "hitech creations" as a company name in good standing with a few communities as they would associate it with being unfair and all about money.. which.. they are neither

as well the same with the "the rest are targets" logic.. so you want new people to be in slow targets for all the la-7 "ho tards" the P51 "runstangs" and your general high alt pick tards and spits and the invincible yak 3(just a guess no one has chosen to fly anything else yet) not to mention most.. EW planes can hardly catch up to set of buffs(this was a problem EW) so.. bringing new guys in purely as fodder to convince them to pay.. brilliant(though i think this is what got us in this current situation) lets repeat!...not really... this.. is what drives people away from a game(key word) not simulation(also this game would be classed as a MOBA"massive online battle arena")

reality is subscription wont scare people off it never has with a subscription people get guarantees vs games that are "Free to play" that are currently struggling from key things.. like support,bug fixes,new content,server maintenance and performance, in that same aspect a lot of new games are going the subscription based route so they have a steady income to be able to provide the above better

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2017, 10:00:27 AM »
Many of you seem to miss that match play, and user created arenas are completely free.
Hitech