Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52779 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2017, 04:50:12 PM »
think somebody hacked into my acccount.  you quoting a post I never posted.

Swines!  :rofl :aok

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I want to say that this is awesome! Seeing everybody pitch in like a team!!! I <3 you all even though we havent accomplished anything WE'RE trying though and that say a lot. :rock :rock :rock :rock :x :x :x :x :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :salute
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »
Looks like the geezers will have to stick together.  I'll be back.   Soon.   :airplane:
 :salute.  Gray

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2017, 12:59:59 AM »
I wonder how more for green lit ?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
Well, according to this:

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/tips-for-getting-greenlit-on-steam-greenlight--gamedev-13938

Celsius Studios, creators of recently Greenlit game Drifter, posted some insight into the topic in a recent blog post. Among the myriad of other useful information listed in the post, the studio points out that, by their measures, approximately 16,000-17,000 votes are needed to crack the top 100, and 50,000 are needed to reach the top ten.

"The post also points out that the top 50 games only have a 60:40 ratio of yes-to-no votes. After doing a few simple calculations, it appears that about 28,000 total votes will be necessary for a good game to be accepted onto Steam."

Roughly 28,000 votes, but at least 16,000.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
There is no way Warbirds got that many votes and they are on steam.  Something doesn't seem quite right, unless they got that many votes and only a few actually showed up to play.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:34:20 AM by gflyer »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
It's not "set it stone", but it DOES greatly increase the chance of being green lit. :)

What I meant is for AH to have a very high chance of being green lit, it would want at least 16,000 votes.  28,000 and up would give it the highest chance.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
I doubt some of those 2d scrollers with 20 comments that got green lit got 16,000 votes lol

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »
I doubt some of those 2d scrollers with 20 comments that got green lit got 16,000 votes lol

As well as Grass Simulator 2014
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2017, 08:01:56 PM »
Part of the problem that legitimate developers have with Greenlight on Steam is the inconsistency of the approval process.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TheChief

• Zinc Member
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »
It takes forever to log on and play a game in Steam. You have too many entry barriers and that is why I don't enjoy playing there. You cannot just respawn like we do in AH3. The download for War Thunder there was like 20 gigs for Steam and there was no effective interface for mapping controllers and keyboards. The game felt much different than AH3 and with external views and gun sights more like a cheap arcade game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »
The download for War Thunder there was like 20 gigs for Steam and there was no effective interface for mapping controllers and keyboards. The game felt much different than AH3 and with external views and gun sights more like a cheap arcade game.

Because it IS a different game. And steam has nothing to do with that. Steam would be just another kind of gateway, a different door to enter AH. It would not impact respawns or anything. Absolutely the same gameplay.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
Because it IS a different game. And steam has nothing to do with that. Steam would be just another kind of gateway, a different door to enter AH. It would not impact respawns or anything. Absolutely the same gameplay.

This is true.

If you think War Thunder had a terrible interface, you should have tried to play it on a PlayStation 4 using the touch pad as a crude mouse. It was awful. Different game, though.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »
It takes forever to log on and play a game in Steam. You have too many entry barriers and that is why I don't enjoy playing there. You cannot just respawn like we do in AH3. The download for War Thunder there was like 20 gigs for Steam and there was no effective interface for mapping controllers and keyboards. The game felt much different than AH3 and with external views and gun sights more like a cheap arcade game.

Having just tested it, it takes just over 9 seconds to launch an online game with a shortcut on the desktop and that is with Steam not currently running on my PC. Not sure why it takes you so long to get through Steam.

Aces High won't change, some will log in through Steam and some won't. It should not change any of the settings for the game, nor will it change anything but the community through new blood (you can decide if that is good or bad).
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2017, 12:57:59 PM »
Having just tested it, it takes just over 9 seconds to launch an online game with a shortcut on the desktop and that is with Steam not currently running on my PC. Not sure why it takes you so long to get through Steam.

Aces High won't change, some will log in through Steam and some won't. It should not change any of the settings for the game, nor will it change anything but the community through new blood (you can decide if that is good or bad).

It will be a statistical bell curve.  Some new players will be bad.   Some will be great.  Most will be average/acceptable.  But if numbers increase there is really no downside overall. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:44:38 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)