Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52757 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
Even if it causes them to stay 2-3 months longer it would be worth the investment.

That all depends on the size of the investment, in both time of implementation, what else could be created in stead, and making sure the change does not adversely effect the people in the first 3 categories.

HiTech

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »
That all depends on the size of the investment, in both time of implementation, what else could be created in stead, and making sure the change does not adversely effect the people in the first 3 categories.

HiTech

That is why I made no suggestions as what to implement. I do not own a gaming company and have no experience with this business. I do have experience as a player, and that is all I base my opinion on.

If I had to suggest something, have you considered allowing players to build stockpiles or even refineries? They would have an impact on the game, but not catastrophic enough to change gameplay globally.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
if the cash flow get  big enough, maybe hire a 3d modeller to speed up implementation of old and new models / variants.

That's how War thunder tanks try to keep, and attract new players.

I understand it's more complicated than that, but offloading some work can't be all that bad.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #348 on: May 31, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »
Ok, I will be blunt. There is a cycle seen repeatedly in Aces High and most of us fit that mold.

Personally, I don't like the treadmill but the longer the game can keep the interest of subscribers, the bigger the online population and revenue for HTC. Even if it causes them to stay 2-3 months longer it would be worth the investment.

I agree with your list of the stages.  I'm somewhere between the last two, especially with the low number of planes I see in the air when I log in.

There's really only 2 ways I could see implementing a treadmill.  Grinding for planes (which would likely cause a current player mass exodus) or grinding for cosmetics.  Personally I think it would rub the vast majority of longtime players wrong, although there aren't THAT many of them still around and it might bring in more than they'd lose.  Historical skins be damned, they want their personalized purple planes.

The flipside to that coin is the kind of gamer who'd come in and want to get all the things they can grind for, once they've gotten all the things they either sit around and demand new content to grind for, or they leave.  At the rate HTC turns out new content, they'd leave.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
There's really only 2 ways I could see implementing a treadmill.  Grinding for planes (which would likely cause a current player mass exodus) or grinding for cosmetics.  Personally I think it would rub the vast majority of longtime players wrong, although there aren't THAT many of them still around and it might bring in more than they'd lose.  Historical skins be damned, they want their personalized purple planes.

As I suggested, you can grind to create as well. I suggested stockpiles and maybe factories, but they could gain token to repair hangers faster and so on.

The flipside to that coin is the kind of gamer who'd come in and want to get all the things they can grind for, once they've gotten all the things they either sit around and demand new content to grind for, or they leave.  At the rate HTC turns out new content, they'd leave.

That's the beauty of it, when people have done the treadmill, they are much less apt to cancel their accounts and delete their effort. Heck, I have already heard that from players in AH that don't want to lose their achievements. Right now, the game is so relaxed that you can come and go without missing anything. I personally don't like grinding games, but it appeals to some. This is one of the reasons I was so disappointed with the Combat Theater being shelved as it could have addressed this need.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »
War Birds and IL2 are already on Steam for a while now, looking at the Reviews provides mixed results.   Wall Street Journal online again is mixed not much of a performance stock wise for the companies owning the code.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2017, 02:28:17 PM »
Adding 2,3, or 4 arenas wouldn't be a chore, and even having the ability to drop it down in the less populated times is a plus. I have a lot of confidence in HTC's ability to adapt.

Cycling areans sounds interesting, not only to handle different numbers of players, but to offer persistence for the individual player. For example, if different areans are up for ~4 hours a time, and continue to run every day at the same time, one could schedule personal game times to an arean, and don't suffer from what the nightshift usually failes to do. In-game time could run as fast as needed to run one day (SR to SS or civil twilight) through the daily up-time of an arena.

Like a daily mini-scenario. Get organized, and make the best of the time available, or try again on another day.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
As I suggested, you can grind to create as well. I suggested stockpiles and maybe factories, but they could gain token to repair hangers faster and so on.

Ah.  Apologies.  Missed that.  I suppose so.  Not quite sure how I feel about it, but I get what you're saying.

That's the beauty of it, when people have done the treadmill, they are much less apt to cancel their accounts and delete their effort. Heck, I have already heard that from players in AH that don't want to lose their achievements.

Could be.  I don't know how much pressure that feeling would apply in here.  Certainly for some people that might be the case, but I don't know what percentage.  I know in World of Warcraft we used to see people sitting at highly populated areas posing with their stuff all the time.  Waitaminute...  Possible explanation for Cybro?!  Force of habit from other games? :O

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
Respectful suggestion... please remove the AH III "commercial" video that is presently on the HTC Greenlight page and substitute it with this one for the new Wildcats:

Even though it's not a true game trailer, IMO, the video for the incoming new Wildcats is more compelling and representative of the game (and how it is being continuously updated); it is technically better made, and ultimately, I think it creates more excitement for AH III than what is currently on the Greenlight page. 

:salute FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »
That is good.  I got goose bumps . . .

Once I move into my new house, get my Track IR back on line, I (in the words of the evile terminator) will be back . . . .
 :banana:

Regards,

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »
Respectful suggestion... please remove the AH III "commercial" video that is presently on the HTC Greenlight page and substitute it with this one for the new Wildcats:

Even though it's not a true game trailer, IMO, the video for the incoming new Wildcats is more compelling and representative of the game (and how it is being continuously updated); it is technically better made, and ultimately, I think it creates more excitement for AH III than what is currently on the Greenlight page. 

:salute FWIW,

I concur.  Looks great too.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »
+1 that short video was good quality and a nice representative of the actual in game look.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »
Yes, put the Wildcats are coming video on Steam.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2017, 12:43:36 AM »
Yes, put the Wildcats are coming video on Steam.

+1

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2017, 04:19:47 AM »
Grinding for planes (which would likely cause a current player mass exodus) or grinding for cosmetics.  Personally I think it would rub the vast majority of longtime players wrong, although there aren't THAT many of them still around and it might bring in more than they'd lose.

That's why there needs to be a solution to satisfy many players.

There are people who want

1) All planes unlocked
2) RPS
3) Ability to fly their 'favourite plane'
4) Grind
5) No Grind

It's hard to combine all those things because they are contradicting each other.

A possible solution is:

RPS (for those that want RPS)  +  perks in one
here is an example, as they say 1 picture is worth thousand words:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:40:29 AM by nugetx »