Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53685 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
Hitech - you can now add Aces High directly into Steam starting June 13th. 

The good news: "Over the next week, a team here at Valve will be reviewing the list of titles that have not yet been Greenlit and will be selecting the final batch of titles to pass through the Greenlight process. Our goal is to Greenlight as many of the remaining games as we have confidence in. "

The better news: If Aces High is not Greenlit before next week, the lads Dale and Doug can just pay the $100 to get the game going into Steam Direct.

So the question is, if it's not Greenlight'ed' - are you going to add it to Steam Direct? 
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
So the question is, if it's not Greenlight'ed' -

... HiTech will buy Valve and shut it down  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
It does help to be an end user of your own product or have staff members who are.  I say this generally (not pointing fingers at anyone here).

Where did I assert such a thing?    You quoted the wrong person. 

Right there. Maybe not a direct assert. But it seems like you are assuming. Which you know what assuming does :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »
Developing a console version is a rather expensive endeavor, though doable...

Hasn't HTC done the same Oculus? My understanding was that these are more like platforms than peripherals. true?
XBOX is windows based I think so it may be not too far a stretch, and the effort/customer-base ratio might be the best of the consols.

I've been lead to believe from "anecdotal interweb expertz" that gaming consoles are very capable platforms which out perform many PCs. I'm too dumb to know what the big hang up is with cross platform MMO gaming. Seems to me that only position vectors are being transmitted and received. If that is standardized I wonder what the technical difficulty is?  :headscratch:
Who is John Galt?

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
Cross-platform play with consoles would be the best thing for player base for sure, but only if the game is not dumbed down to accomodate the console players.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:08:06 PM by nugetx »

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »

Im not sure that we will see this huge influx of people, tho I do hope so. HTC has proven they can handle large numbers of players, as well as large fluctuations of numbers. Back in the hey day we had 600+ players login in on week nights, and I hear we hit over 1000 a few times on the weekends. These numbers fluctuated pretty heavily from US prime to Euro prime time and HTC added a way to drop from 2 large arenas, to a single arena to keep that magic number of players in an arena to make it viable.

Adding 2,3, or 4 arenas wouldn't be a chore, and even having the ability to drop it down in the less populated times is a plus. I have a lot of confidence in HTC's ability to adapt.

oh and btw, Who are you?

I would venture to say the game could see a large influx of new players. My whole premises for that is based on the fact steam supports games like Microsoft Flight Simulator and the likes. When you think about it AH and MSFS are similar in some ways. I find it hard to believe that the majority of players playing a game like that dont mind the constant non-combat environment it presents. I would like to think this game would attract players like that and others.

Very quick response just jumped on best I can do at the moment I could go deeper but no time right now :cheers:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2017, 03:08:16 PM »
Cross-platform play with consoles would be the best thing for player base for sure.

ROFL:
One scenario

Step 1 HTC invest money in console.
Step 2 The game does not recover the investment from consoles.
Step 3 HTC out of business, and no more aces high.
Step 4 No more player base.

Not exactly a good thing for  the "Player base".

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2017, 03:09:21 PM »
Just skip step 2   :old:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
ROFL:
One scenario

Step 1 HTC invest money in console.
Step 2 The game does not recover the investment from consoles.
Step 3 HTC out of business, and no more aces high.
Step 4 No more player base.

Not exactly a good thing for  the "Player base".

HiTech

That could never happen.  More exposure and options always makes money rain from the skies, doesn't it? :(

Lusche is right.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #429 on: June 06, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »
Hitech,

Are you ever invited by any colleges or tech schools to teach classes in Econ101: How the economics of online game creation really works.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2017, 03:13:13 PM »
That could never happen.  More exposure and options always makes money rain from the skies, doesn't it? :(

In my experience 9 out of 10 times it does not create a positive return on investment.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
The big reason for not trying AHFREE now seems to be hardware requirements. Hopefully the "average" PC will soon catch up to the minimum recommendations.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
Hasn't HTC done the same Oculus? My understanding was that these are more like platforms than peripherals. true?

VR is nothing more than a peripheral and not a separate platform like a console is.

XBOX is windows based I think so it may be not too far a stretch, and the effort/customer-base ratio might be the best of the consols.

Actually, for cross play the PS4 would be the better choice as there are more PS4 users out in the world than XB1 users and you don't have to worry about MS trying to stick it to you with their outrageous fee and restrictions.  How many customers would HTC lose because their PCs were still running Windows 7 or XP?  Microsoft only allows cross platform play with PCs using Windows 10

I've been lead to believe from "anecdotal interweb expertz" that gaming consoles are very capable platforms which out perform many PCs. I'm too dumb to know what the big hang up is with cross platform MMO gaming. Seems to me that only position vectors are being transmitted and received. If that is standardized I wonder what the technical difficulty is?  :headscratch:

Consoles have closed the gap with PCs in terms of game performance and quality but the PC is still a superior gaming machine.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
If he had ported it to java during the high-time, he could of been on all the platforms.

(I know java; yuck, but it worked for minecraft).

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »
If he had ported it to java during the high-time, he could of been on all the platforms.

(I know java; yuck, but it worked for minecraft).

LOL:
LOL:

LOL:

LOL:

LOL:
LOL:
LOL:
LOL:
LOL:
LOL:
LOL:
LOL: