Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52746 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »
Can you imagine what the minimum requirements for the game would have been?  Whoa!

:rofl
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
Can you imagine what the minimum requirements for the game would have been?  Whoa!

:rofl

I don't know skuzzy, I took a look at it on the task manager and noticed it was barely pushing my system (why I thought of it)..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2017, 04:21:06 PM »
You are not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison.  You are not even close to being the same ball park, city, state, country, planet.....
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
... HiTech will buy Valve and shut it down  :devil

No, EA will though. :banana:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
Right there. Maybe not a direct assert. But it seems like you are assuming. Which you know what assuming does :)

Wrong again.   Read the disclaimer. 

Someone else made the assumption not me.  Pick a fight with him.   All I did was make a general observation.   NOWHERE did I imply ANYTHING about HTC.  I, in fact, specifically stated I was NOT pointing fingers at ANYONE. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:29:34 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »
No, EA will though. :banana:

Funny thing is that Valve is big enough and has enough money to buy out EA if they want, not the other way around.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
I alluded to what Drex said earlier as well, it's insulting that a game with AH's record and time having to jump through some "green light" or any light, process, in order to be allowed on to the Steam platform, seems crazy to me.  I don't understand the process or anything really, just figured they'd have someone checking to see how old a game is, and what it's about, and for established products well up and running, would want to fast track them on to the Steam platform instead of some other way.

I'm still hopeful whatever the case may be - I truly believe that with the right moves made, this game has the stones to attract, and KEEP, large numbers of the current WW2/Sim/MM gamers out there right now playing other inferior products.  I'm willing to help anyone with good ideas on how we can help HTC to do this.  I've helped Dolby in the past making his vids as a target dummy or whatever, but there are lots of great video creators, and there has to be other ways to find, fix, and attack other gamers out there who don't know about AH.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2017, 05:20:14 PM »
I alluded to what Drex said earlier as well, it's insulting that a game with AH's record and time having to jump through some "green light" or any light, process, in order to be allowed on to the Steam platform, seems crazy to me.  I don't understand the process or anything really, just figured they'd have someone checking to see how old a game is, and what it's about, and for established products well up and running, would want to fast track them on to the Steam platform instead of some other way.

I'm still hopeful whatever the case may be - I truly believe that with the right moves made, this game has the stones to attract, and KEEP, large numbers of the current WW2/Sim/MM gamers out there right now playing other inferior products.  I'm willing to help anyone with good ideas on how we can help HTC to do this.  I've helped Dolby in the past making his vids as a target dummy or whatever, but there are lots of great video creators, and there has to be other ways to find, fix, and attack other gamers out there who don't know about AH.
I'm with you GMAN - kinda stupid the hoops an established business like Hitech Creations has to jump through when small one-man shops can get greenlit who quickly take their sales from the fad their game had and bolt.

I think that Valve realized the same thing and hence why they're closing the system down. The only caveat is that they need to properly screen everyone who has $100 in their back pocket. And then how to we get noticed?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
I'm with you GMAN - kinda stupid the hoops an established business like Hitech Creations has to jump through when small one-man shops can get greenlit who quickly take their sales from the fad their game had and bolt.

I think that Valve realized the same thing and hence why they're closing the system down. The only caveat is that they need to properly screen everyone who has $100 in their back pocket. And then how to we get noticed?

The reason why Valve has done away with Greenlight is because how easy it was for some developers to shovel their POS games onto Steam and to also improve the pipeline for developers to get their games onto Steam that would better direct customers to the product they want.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #444 on: June 06, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »
I alluded to what Drex said earlier as well, it's insulting that a game with AH's record and time having to jump through some "green light" or any light, process, in order to be allowed on to the Steam platform, seems crazy to me. 

If HiTech was a large development studio, they'd just pony up the large amount of money Valve wants instead of going through the old Greenlight process.  The Greenlight process was put in to help smaller development and indie studios to get their game on Steam when other distribution avenues were closed to them.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #445 on: June 06, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »
nice, do you have $5 credit in steam now?

yes I do, just checked, just before this post
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
If HiTech was a large development studio, they'd just pony up the large amount of money Valve wants instead of going through the old Greenlight process.  The Greenlight process was put in to help smaller development and indie studios to get their game on Steam when other distribution avenues were closed to them.

With steam direct though they can do that now also from june 13

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2017, 02:44:08 PM »
Thanks Akak, like I said, I didn't know Valve's policies for getting on their platform.  Heh, I can understand the reluctance from HTC a bit better now, I think.  If I understand what you're saying correctly, Valve "allowed" (prior to the changes now) creators to bypass the greenlight deal by charging a large fee, after which they then charge more large fees somewhere around 1/3 of the proceeds of sales...heh.  Isn't monopoly a grand thing...

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #448 on: June 08, 2017, 12:48:17 AM »
GREEN LIT GREEN LIT

'' THIS GAME HAS BEEN GREEN LIT '      :aok

Houston, we have lift off  :airplane:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:53:57 AM by nugetx »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #449 on: June 08, 2017, 02:14:02 AM »
Thanks Akak, like I said, I didn't know Valve's policies for getting on their platform.  Heh, I can understand the reluctance from HTC a bit better now, I think.  If I understand what you're saying correctly, Valve "allowed" (prior to the changes now) creators to bypass the greenlight deal by charging a large fee, after which they then charge more large fees somewhere around 1/3 of the proceeds of sales...heh.  Isn't monopoly a grand thing...

That was the case with us when we put FFXIV on Steam.