Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53618 times)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #480 on: June 10, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
you pay for 30 days you get 30 days. not 20, not 10.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
you pay for 30 days you get 30 days. not 20, not 10.

Yep.  That's exactly what happens here too.

You rent a car for 24 hours and turn it in in 20 hours you don't get a refund for the time unused.

You buy a ticket to the baseball game and leave in the 7th inning, you don't get a refund for the unused 2 innings.

You enter a 30 lap motorcycle race and crash on lap 15, you don't get half your entry fee money back.

You subscribe to Aces High for 30 days and quit in 20...........well, I think you can figure out the rest.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »
Yep.  That's exactly what happens here too.

You rent a car for 24 hours and turn it in in 20 hours you don't get a refund for the time unused.

You buy a ticket to the baseball game and leave in the 7th inning, you don't get a refund for the unused 2 innings.

You enter a 30 lap motorcycle race and crash on lap 15, you don't get half your entry fee money back.

You subscribe to Aces High for 30 days and quit in 20...........well, I think you can figure out the rest.

I'm afraid this analogy doesn't hold up.
This is a subscription service, not a singlar event. When you cancel a subscription, it usually means at the end of the current cycle it won't be rebilled, and your subscription will be terminated then (and only then). Other than Aces High, I have never encountered any kind of subscription (magazine, newspaper, Netflix, bus ticket, other games and so on) which immediately terminated the service even though you have payed in advance.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »

I'm afraid this analogy doesn't hold up.
This is a subscription service, not a singlar event. When you cancel a subscription, it usually means at the end of the current cycle it won't be rebilled, and your subscription will be terminated then (and only then). Other than Aces High, I have never encountered any kind of subscription (magazine, newspaper, Netflix, bus ticket, other games and so on) which immediately terminated the service even though you have payed in advance.

Well then sir, we disagree <S>.

Cancel your paid in full 1 year membership to the gym in 6 months and see if you get half your money back.

Cancel your paid 1 year subscription to a magazine in 6 months, tell them you don't want it anymore and see if you get half your money back.

If I cancel my Annual racing license in 6 months, I don't get half my money back.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »
Well then sir, we disagree <S>.

Cancel your paid in full 1 year membership to the gym in 6 months and see if you get half your money back.

I don't get my money back, but I still have access during the remaining six months.

Cancel your paid 1 year subscription to a magazine in 6 months, tell them you don't want it anymore and see if you get half your money back.

Same here. I don't get my money back, but I will get the issues I paid for in advance.

In AH, you instantly lose access. See the difference?

AH needs a terminate subscription option, not just terminate account. Especially as you know have the ability to play arenas with an account but without subscription.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:43:10 PM by Lusche »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »
Again sir, we disagree <S>, I'll drop it.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2017, 02:56:40 PM »
actually you have control on when to cancel.  if you cancel on the 30th day, you get to use ah for the full 30 days.  but if you delete your account on the 10th day dont start crying that you still have 20 days left.  YOU DELETE THE ACCOUNT, NOT AH.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2017, 03:29:37 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:12:02 AM by Skuzzy »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:12:19 AM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:12:37 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2017, 05:30:03 PM »
My thing, and I know it's a  bitter issue. Is the $15 a month subscription after only 2 weeks of "testing" the game. IMO, 2 months free and a $9.99 per month would capture so many more players that your heads will spin, and you will make more money in the long run. If the price drop is just too much to handle, at least 2 months free would be  better grab. Getting the marketing from steam will greatly help, but there isnt a long enough span of time to understand the game before the subscription hits and you are left with a quick choice. The question is, what is the ratio of players who pay after the trial period, and how can you increase that. The psychology is that $15 a month sounds expensive, even though in realty it isn't. Most people on steam will be sub par happy with the graphics, and won't really have time to even learn the flight model before it's time to pay up. Just something to think about. I really do want this to be a success for you Hitech and there's a very very big opportunity here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
IMO, 2 months free and a $9.99 per month would capture so many more players that your heads will spin, and you will make more money in the long run.

Do you know for how long the average AH player keeps his subscription before moving on?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2017, 05:35:27 PM »
My thing, and I know it's a  bitter issue. Is the $15 a month subscription after only 2 weeks of "testing" the game. IMO, 2 months free and a $9.99 per month would capture so many more players that your heads will spin, and you will make more money in the long run.

If this was true it would be a no-brainer, but alas, it is just a wild guess.

My guess is $10 or $15 a month makes no difference except for how much income HiTech generates.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »
Do you know for how long the average AH player keeps his subscription before moving on?

No, I haven't seen any real #s and anything I would say would be pure speculation. I think for most its the level of frustration per time spent in the air that eventually gets to people. It's an incredibly challenging game and takes a generous amount of time to learn to shoot people down in the MA. That's one reason why I wanted a faster type arena, but that's another story.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #494 on: June 10, 2017, 05:45:18 PM »
If this was true it would be a no-brainer, but alas, it is just a wild guess.

My guess is $10 or $15 a month makes no difference except for how much income HiTech generates.

Well Zoney, if you were able to get 3x more players at 10 dollars. You would be making more revenue. An economical scale would tell you that because #s (demand) has dropped, lowering prices might actually increase the economy of scale by supposedly getting a much bigger increase in demand. Maybe once the demand excels passed a point, you could begin to slowly raise the cost again.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-