Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53656 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »
And he replies with the speed of a Snail :salute
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »
A nuget of an idea.... Keep the monthly fee at the reasonable rate it is, but get paid to generate the content... It brings it's own set of challenges to the table but interesting thought..

Concern, all players in arena would need the assets as to be displayed on all FrontEnds, but only the paying subscriber has access to "use" the content? Might not work with our game as well as the mind's eye predicts.

Example, Content Pack $100,000:  10 New Aircraft, 6 new maps, All New Mission Queuing system (prompt player in flight to join the "queued" mission), New weather content pack...

In the above example, how does the non-paying subscriber see this?  Are they not allowed to join the Main Arena when a purchased map is in rotation? Do they not see the new aircraft in flight? Do they not experience the "weather content". If there was a complete road/train network with new destructible support structures, does the new player just not see them in game?  See the challenges there? Just spit-ballin...

I see folks all the time blow money on those ripoff games setup like that. They play off folks who have gambling issues and such.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2017, 01:33:34 AM »
ETA?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2017, 04:10:41 AM »
Two weeks.

Are these the famous Two Weeks (TM) ?

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
No they are just 2 regular weeks  :noid
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #546 on: June 17, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Oh that's just evil.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #547 on: June 17, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
No they are just 2 regular weeks  :noid

But what about the "other" 2 weeks? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #548 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
« Reply #549 on: June 17, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
Here's a thought. AH3 does not have the numbers it needs for the sand box that it is; when you log on there is no direction besides what you decide on. What if you allowed the game to be free to play with a limited aircraft selection and no skins !?if nothing else you get people playing it...and more potential subscribers to that want to fly the P51D/Me262/B17

Also,  I firmly believe 2 weeks is not enough time to get hooked on this game. The first 3 months of this game your absolute bellybutton at it and end up being a ball of flame for 90% of it.  You have to learn the match ups, advantages and disadvantages of each aircraft, general mechanics and lingo plus a hundred other small details that win/loss a fight. Furthermore, it takes longer to find quality fights than it use too. Extend it to a month.

Should a steam deal be made I think changes should be at least attempted.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
Also,  I firmly believe 2 weeks is not enough time to get hooked on this game. The first 3 months of this game your absolute bellybutton at it and end up being a ball of flame for 90% of it.  You have to learn the match ups, advantages and disadvantages of each aircraft, general mechanics and lingo plus a hundred other small details that win/loss a fight. Furthermore, it takes longer to find quality fights than it use too. Extend it to a month.

While I agree with this, it looks like HTC is trying to accomplish the same goal with the multiple new free arenas - where you could probably bring people who are also noobs.

- oldman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #552 on: June 18, 2017, 05:13:53 AM »
I'd pay 15$ a month to anything that brought me enjoyment for endless hours on a computer any time, especially AH.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #553 on: June 18, 2017, 01:26:02 PM »
15 bucks a month.....wow!

Thats like what 2 coffees at some shop,or 1/3 the payment of the data plan for your phone! Everyone has a phone right,and data plans.... except I dont,and likely never will!

I pull 15 bucks outta my pocket in change almost every week!

What I'm saying is 15 bucks isnt much,and we have FREE play once again but people still complain about the cost... :rolleyes:

Something I think that might help is to include an extra 2 weeks free in the TA,when your time is up a message popsup and says something like "your free time has expired,but you can still access the free arenas and the the training arena,the TA is limited to another 2 weeks free"!

This might get players to come to the TA and actually learn something then get them hooked. I have done my best to retain players who get fed up,most just need  someone to be kind to them and show them a couple simple things,instead they get abused and told they are terrible players.

IMHO it's not the cost,the learning curve or anything else,most get fed up from the constant berating. I still dont understand why a player can tune to you and yell at you over vox,same county I can see but cross country,we have 200 for that!

:salute

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #554 on: June 18, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »
I hope you are aware that 15$ is not 15$ in every country...... there are countries where 15$ costs 4 or 6 times more than 15$ in usa,  because that is the change of 1 $.

So a country might be poorer and someone has to pay 6 times more...... suddenly 15$ doesn't seem so cheap, but more like 120$ in usa.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:33:49 PM by nugetx »