Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52780 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Well I meant the exchange rate, $15 is $15 everywhere, but some pay more for  $1 than others.

So your saying I would be paying  more to buy a dollar if I use 100 pennies instead of 10 dimes? Because the exchange rate is different between pennies and dimes?

HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »
So your saying I would be paying  more to buy a dollar if I use 100 pennies instead of 10 dimes? Because the exchange rate is different between pennies and dimes?

HiTech

He's describing the exchange rate but also perceived value.  even if I exchange my CA$ into american dollars, trust me we're not paying the same amount for the same items... Your smokes and beer are stupid cheap compared to your friends in the great white north. So there is a perceived value shift.  Little off the mark, but perception is reality.    :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2017, 03:08:03 PM »

HiTech

1 dollar for example costs 6,63 in Croatia as of today.

If someone is from Croatia he has to pay HRK99,45 for $15.  Now if a person in USA earns $3000  and person in Croatia HRK3000. Person in Croatia pays 6 times more, they both pay $15, but the person in Croatia to buy the $15  needs to pay 99,45 of his currency.

Just saying things like they are......
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:32:54 PM by nugetx »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
He's describing the exchange rate but also perceived value.  even if I exchange my CA$ into american dollars, trust me we're not paying the same amount for the same items... Your smokes and beer are stupid cheap compared to your friends in the great white north. So there is a perceived value shift.  Little off the mark, but perception is reality.    :bolt:

We are paying the same if we are purchasing the exact same thing like purchasing AH. Your simply describing that some items are priced differently at different locations. Just as I would pay a different price for a beer at a gas station vs a grocery store.

AH is priced the same every where.

If someone is from Croatia he has to pay HRK99,45 for $15.  Now if a person in USA earns $3000  and person in Croatia HRK3000. Person in Croatia pays 6 times more, they both pay $15, but the person in Croatia to buy the $15  needs to pay 99,45 of his currency.

Each is paying the same, they simply don't have the same income.
By your logic a person who earns more pays less for something then a person who income is less.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »

I wish you had just answered this back in the wish list which would have helped your audience. I just looked at Croatian rates on many financial services, it's understandable why you transact with Steam in the manner you outlined in your very first wish list posting. Given that you are located in Croatia??. Croatia has an emerging tech sector and a very "literate" population. All of this makes sense now.

Good luck with your wishes, search in the forums is your friend to learning about Hitech on many subjects.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »
Hitech does however give the Brits a discount in order to allow us to save money to get our teeth fixed.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »

Are you in Croatia?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2017, 03:51:18 PM »
I once when in Rota, Spain back in early 1987, spent 2 days with a squaddie getting plastered on just $2.00 American dollars...... one of the best times of my life

heh

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »
No i'm not in Croatia, but i'd like to point out one fact..... steam in russia has its national currency, the russian ruble just because of this.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
We are paying the same if we are purchasing the exact same thing like purchasing AH. Your simply describing that some items are priced differently at different locations. Just as I would pay a different price for a beer at a gas station vs a grocery store.

Like direct from supplier vs through a distributor like steam?  :devil

I'm just glad there's no border tax!  :rock  I'd pay in maple syrup and Crown Royal if I had too... Better get some taps in those maple trees!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #580 on: June 19, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »

I'd pay in maple syrup and Crown Royal if I had too...

Right? I just bought a stick from VKB. They decided that PayPal, my preferred method of payment, didn't work for them. They had their business reasons for it I guess. So if I wanted the stick I'd have to pay for it how they wanted me to pay for it. No problem. I have alternatives. What was I supposed to send them a nasty gram about it? Maybe troll their forums?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #581 on: June 19, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »

Right? I just bought a stick from VKB. They decided that PayPal, my preferred method of payment, didn't work for them. They had their business reasons for it I guess. So if I wanted the stick I'd have to pay for it how they wanted me to pay for it. No problem. I have alternatives. What was I supposed to send them a nasty gram about it? Maybe troll their forums?

Drano... call me paranoid but in light of all the hacking of web sights lately,
I prefer, as much as possible, to limit my exposure... I will not use PayPal
To those that do, its ur choice   :noid
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #582 on: June 19, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »
Drano... call me paranoid but in light of all the hacking of web sights lately,
I prefer, as much as possible, to limit my exposure... I will not use PayPal
To those that do, its ur choice   :noid
I don't tie PayPal to anything critical for that reason.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #583 on: June 19, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
Is all of this about currency exchange rates and buying Steam Wallet codes with cash from local game stores?

I couldn't find any stores in Croatia or Russia based on Steam's FAQ for store locations world wide. There are a number of WEB sites dedicated to helping you find the best exchange rate price for boxed and downloadable games based on exchange rates and Steam store locations in real time. A monthly subscription fee game price for a none USA resident will be at the mercy of the exchange rates against the US $1.00 rate. So it's possible the price you pay in cash at a store each month outside of the USA for your Steam Wallet may fluctuate a bit depending on currency rate fluctuations. If Steam is a voluntary marketplace and you are not being charged a monthly subscription fee for access and your Steam Wallet, it's not a bad market model. Reminds me a bit of facebook focused on games in some respects. 

The EU, Briton and Ireland have stores to pay cash for Steam Wallet codes. As of now Eastern Europe the only countries are Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, and Romania. And as I pointed out, no stores in Croatia or Russia.

Steam Wallet Codes and Steam Gift Cards are sold all over the globe. You can buy them in thousands of retail stores or online shops using your local payment methods.

Croatia is not yet on the Euro which is projected for 2019.

Gold per gram today:

EU - 35.87
US - 39.98
Cr - 264.80 HRK
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #584 on: June 20, 2017, 02:54:38 AM »
Sure, one can use a steam wallet card or steam gift card,  i'm using a paysafecard which can be also used on the steam wallet.

Steam gives a lot of options for everyone from around the globe, that's partly of why it is so popular.