Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52809 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »
Amazing a game that has such a steep learning curve ( your words ) and you have the answers in 20 hours? My hat is off to you.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #601 on: June 20, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:16:33 AM by Skuzzy »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #602 on: June 20, 2017, 06:24:08 PM »
I think adding AH3 to the Steam market place is a good thing if Hitech can get a deal favorable to his needs especially for the broad spectrum of payment methods offered to it's community that Steam will have to mange. Depending on age demographics, some players need an ability to change hard currency into virtual currency which is often true for younger people in any first world country. Everyone in the Melee arena will be AH3 regardless of their virtual origin. I don't want the Steam portal to cause new players from that virtual origin to think they are being effected lag wise by the active filter program in the Portal. We see what simply talking about lag does in our forums to peoples perceptions of the game.

I do not know if the existence of Steam has evolved part of it's community to not want to pay full price for everything they can expend effort to find a way around. Or, if that is the nature of a portion of the beast called Internet gamer's and the Steam market place portal concentrates and supports them while they constantly validate themselves as that culture in the Steam community world wide.

I did say Steam reminds me of FaceBook focused only on computer games. I used to work for one of the early E-commerce companies out of Richmond California that IBM had a partnership with called Quick Response Service\QRSI\QRS Corp.. Market place portals are a good thing, back then they were the holy grail of B to B business and mostly unreliable due to the technology of the day. Now, an indispensable tool for running a global virtual market place.
1. Steam will only have to manage the people paying for Aces High through steam

2. 18-25 year olds have debit cards...so hard currency and virtual currency is a non factor....(this is the majority age group you will get with steam.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
As much as I agree with you all about the game play experience and undertsanding of the game.  For some reason it seems to not matter when a person who does have close to 6K hours of AH, makes a suggestion about game play. I'm sure Lazer has even close to 10K hours or more. So if we aren't accepting game play adjustments, or ideas from well talented/long time players. Who are we suppose to take advice from, in order to increase the #s, and make the game more enjoyable?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
Who are we suppose to take advice from, in order to increase the #s, and make the game more enjoyable?

HTC
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #605 on: June 21, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:17:51 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #606 on: June 21, 2017, 01:33:53 AM »
I'm just gonna say many Europeans do not own a creditcard. Besides PayPal there are not allot of options for us to pay HT. I used to have a creditcard just for the reason to pay HT. PayPal is a hazel i always forget to pay and my account gets locked XD We mainly use debit cards.

Steam would fix this issue for Europeans and for many new potential players who do not wanna give HT there creditcard info.

Ps: the insta creditcard info that's being asked always scares me when i try a new product. I usually just don't do it.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:37:32 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #607 on: June 21, 2017, 04:20:16 AM »
It would be welcome if on Steam there would be a 1 month  3 month and a whole year pricing plan, with according prices ofcourse.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:25:03 AM by nugetx »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #608 on: June 21, 2017, 08:44:53 AM »
I like the month by month pricing plan HTC has, works just right for me. :rock
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #609 on: June 21, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »
They already have a yearly plan.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #610 on: June 21, 2017, 09:54:57 AM »
HTC offers monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and yearly subscription pay plans....

They have offered this for well over a decade if my memory is serving me right.....

Also, if you use payment options of paying quarterly, semiannual or yearly, you will get a discounted rate....that is if it hasn't changed... Been a long time since I've looked at the options
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:58:41 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #611 on: June 21, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »
This is not entirely true, I played for 2 weeks.  :old:

HTC should make a category for people who play this game for 2 weeks and feel they are qualified to suggest changes to this game after such a short time. Nugetx is not the 1st and probably won't be the last. there are a lot of Know It All's in this world.
Lets see, 2 weeks 14 days  approx. 6 to 10 hrs a day game play maybe every day maybe not.

Call it (The 2 Weeker Know it All Category)
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #612 on: June 21, 2017, 10:04:36 AM »
there are a lot of Know It All's in this world.

Including you, is this your personal crusade to shut him up and run him off?
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #613 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Including you, is this your personal crusade to shut him up and run him off?

Can't run him off, he's not here.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #614 on: June 21, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
It would be welcome if on Steam there would be a 1 month  3 month and a whole year pricing plan, with according prices ofcourse.

There are already multi-tier pricing plan.  You can contact HTC and make the arrangements to pay for multiple months if you desire.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song