Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52731 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #615 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »
With all his 2 weeks of knowledge, you'd think he would know that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #616 on: June 21, 2017, 11:58:56 PM »
There are already multi-tier pricing plan.  You can contact HTC and make the arrangements to pay for multiple months if you desire.

That's good, so it could be automatic on steam, for ease of life enhancement.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:52:11 AM by nugetx »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #617 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:27 AM »
Including you, is this your personal crusade to shut him up and run him off?
no I'm not a know it all, and no I'm not trying to run him off, and I'm not the only one to tell him his ideas basically suck.

HiTech himself has told him no

plus I do have 10 years experience 100 to 150hrs a month even when I was working. vs a 2 weeker

so i'll do you and nugetx a favor and leave him alone--and let my other friends tell him stuff.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:09:06 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #618 on: June 22, 2017, 08:31:42 AM »
Interesting 42 page thread  :confused:

So HTC, are you planning to give Steam a try?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #619 on: June 22, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »

What a great question, Max!  We should put it up for discussion.

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #620 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:03 PM »

What a great question, Max!  We should put it up for discussion.

- oldman
:rofl :aok

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #621 on: June 22, 2017, 03:07:40 PM »
Interesting 42 page thread  :confused:

The answer is I'm not sure.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #622 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
The answer is I'm not sure.

HiTech
What do you need to give up to be listed on Steam? (I'm cringing on that answer)...  :confused:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #623 on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »
What do you need to give up to be listed on Steam? (I'm cringing on that answer)...  :confused:

30% of all the sheep...  :cry
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #624 on: June 23, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »
Guys, years ago some time before the O'Club stopped being the flame cauldron from heck by strict rule# enforcement on things, Skuzzy suggested nicely a change of course. I wonder if Skuzzy being the nice guy he always is, is giving us another opportunity here to change course.

Quote from: Skuzzy on Today at 10:27:02 AM

One never knows where the next good idea might come from.

He has been very gracious in the face of an adversarial community.  I find the negative treatment of any new person to be disappointing.

Sure, I can edit those negative posts, but that does not fix the issue.  And no, the issue is not a new person making suggestions about the game.

The calls and emails I get with the phrase, "I am not posting on that board so they can brow beat me" is quite frustrating.

Do any of you see us at HTC verbally beating up people for posting ideas?

Hitech answering he is not sure about going with Steam is kind of cryptic, I don't know if Skuzzy's quote has some bearing on Hitech's decision. Can you imagine what the average Steam player will say about these forums on twitter or other venues once the name Aces High gets into those places. In a surreal way, nuget being a test of our forum community and how we would handle an influx of Steam players is frighteningly coincidental. We failed the test by being ourselves.

So an honest question, how long before this observation gets turned into an opportunity for acrimonic recriminations by one party or another instead of an opportunity for sides of the observation to move on? The old O'Club episode required Skuzzynation of it's denizens. Aces High needs new customers and they will be nuget's age demographic and guys, just multiply nuget x100 going forward. They will bring questions and observations and all the baggage that goes with their demographic along with having no experience in our game while "sharing" :bhead. The forum membership has many old issues queued up people want to air out in our traditional manner at any juncture with blow torches and knee cappings because it's too good of an opportunity before the rule# fly. After all, people probably have other forums to return to if they catch a Skuzzyfication here and in the end it's just a game played in forums costing you nothing.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #625 on: June 23, 2017, 04:24:48 PM »
Ok so how do I cancel my Forum Account without canceling my subscription to the game?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #626 on: June 23, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
Ok so how do I cancel my Forum Account without canceling my subscription to the game?

You just stop using it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #627 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »
thankyou

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #628 on: June 23, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Lunatic,

I think Skuzzy is just asking us to use the benefit of our superior experiences to play nice in the public waiting room. I know it can be hard to bite our tongs when we want to set things straight, even if it's questionable that the recipient isn't playing nice at our expense. We are supposed to be a thicker skinned generation who do not melt like a snowflake. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #629 on: June 23, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »
Guys, years ago some time before the O'Club stopped being the flame cauldron from heck by strict rule# enforcement on things, Skuzzy suggested nicely a change of course. I wonder if Skuzzy being the nice guy he always is, is giving us another opportunity here to change course.

Quote from: Skuzzy on Today at 10:27:02 AM

Hitech answering he is not sure about going with Steam is kind of cryptic, I don't know if Skuzzy's quote has some bearing on Hitech's decision. Can you imagine what the average Steam player will say about these forums on twitter or other venues once the name Aces High gets into those places. In a surreal way, nuget being a test of our forum community and how we would handle an influx of Steam players is frighteningly coincidental. We failed the test by being ourselves.

So an honest question, how long before this observation gets turned into an opportunity for acrimonic recriminations by one party or another instead of an opportunity for sides of the observation to move on? The old O'Club episode required Skuzzynation of it's denizens. Aces High needs new customers and they will be nuget's age demographic and guys, just multiply nuget x100 going forward. They will bring questions and observations and all the baggage that goes with their demographic along with having no experience in our game while "sharing" :bhead. The forum membership has many old issues queued up people want to air out in our traditional manner at any juncture with blow torches and knee cappings because it's too good of an opportunity before the rule# fly. After all, people probably have other forums to return to if they catch a Skuzzyfication here and in the end it's just a game played in forums costing you nothing.

The Steam forums make our forums look extremely tame by comparison and Skuzzy is going to have his hands full with just the AH Steam forum.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song