Author Topic: Ability to restart VR connection  (Read 859 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Ability to restart VR connection
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »
One of the biggest pain points i have with my Oculus, is that sometimes, for no reason, the connection between Aces High and the Oculus system disconnects...usually when I'm mid-flight or in the middle of a dog fight.  I would say that the likelihood of it occurring is around 10% failure for every hour of play.

It would be nice if there was a command line where I could restart the connection to Oculus if this occurs so I can continue playing.  Otherwise, it's ALT-F4 and restart the game which you know just a PITA. 

So, is there a way to reset and re-do the connection to the VR systems while in game?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Ability to restart VR connection
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »
Not an answer but just for information, I have not had this happen.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
Not that I know of.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
One of the biggest pain points i have with my Oculus, is that sometimes, for no reason, the connection between Aces High and the Oculus system disconnects...usually when I'm mid-flight or in the middle of a dog fight.  I would say that the likelihood of it occurring is around 10% failure for every hour of play. ...

Check your USB power settings to see if they were reset after you set them to always on.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »
if it occurs more and more frequently and then finally it seems like the oculus is not working. You may have just lost a video port on your card. This is how mine went it began failing randomly and then more frequently.

I got an adapter and moved it to another port. 

One of the biggest pain points i have with my Oculus, is that sometimes, for no reason, the connection between Aces High and the Oculus system disconnects...usually when I'm mid-flight or in the middle of a dog fight.  I would say that the likelihood of it occurring is around 10% failure for every hour of play.

It would be nice if there was a command line where I could restart the connection to Oculus if this occurs so I can continue playing.  Otherwise, it's ALT-F4 and restart the game which you know just a PITA. 

So, is there a way to reset and re-do the connection to the VR systems while in game?
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 12:26:41 AM »
My DK2 started doing this, tried everything... new video card, tried win7/win8/win10. Think it was just dying/porked. Getting a new headset (CV1) fixed it. Think my DK2 was 4 or so years old, so it lasted well.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
Ok - I'll check my ports and see about swapping them around... thanks for the suggestions guys! :oak
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech