Author Topic: 5 inch gun  (Read 300 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
5 inch gun
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »
Recently on several occasions while in 5 inch gun it refuses to accept sea mode.  The gun will slew to the extreme left and will not answer commands to bring it back to center. :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
Re: 5 inch gun
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
Do you mean the actual gun and associated yellow lead lines or do you mean the white crosshair with the mil marks?  If you mean the latter, make sure your clipboard map is closed and use your mouse to rotate the white crosshairs to where the gun is pointing (where the yellow lines are) and reopen your clipboard map.  As long as the clipboard map is open the white crosshairs and yellow lead lines will stay in synch with each other.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:27:50 PM »
I don't use a mouse.  Nor do I have the clipboard out. :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 02:49:44 PM »
Maybe more info will help.

Are you starting with the gun pointing in the right direction and it slews left when you press CTRL-Q or what?  What happens in Land mode?  What exactly are you doing (controller or keyboard-wise) to slew the gun back on target?

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
Cane,

I was having the same thing happening to me awhile back.  I haven't been in the 5" guns lately, but the yellow grid would go to the far left once I put it in sea mode and then the yellow grid would not move to the right using the "D" key.  I use the mouse with the white grid and to fire and the keyboard keys to move the yellow grid.  I was a bit perplexed wondering why things weren't working for me as they always had.  I may have even posted it in this forum.  I remember wondering if I had mistakenly put it in land mode instead of sea mode and had not left clicked on the clipboard map yet.  At the moment I am not in the game, but I will try putting the 5" gun in land mode, not left clicking on the clipboard map for a target and then seeing if I can get use the A,D,W and S keys to move the yellow grid.  I can't remember if I ever completely figured out what was going on, but this was a thought a bit later.  I thought it was a bug also.

one-eye
"One-Eye"