Author Topic: The new ride  (Read 1558 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
The new ride
« on: June 10, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »

2017 Silverado LTZ 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: The new ride
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »
Nice! Hope you get better mileage than my Tundra lol

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
Nice setup!

I wish toyota remembered how to make pickups smaller.

I though it was their specialty yet we have tundras that can't navigate a walmart parking lot without a couple of 12 point turns.

Also.....don't buy the new tacoma.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
Nice setup!

I though it was their specialty yet we have tundras that can't navigate a walmart parking lot without a couple of 12 point turns.

LOL. Hey, I like the fact that my Tundra is big :p

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
Nice rig, Colombo. :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »
That's bigger than my apartment.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »
Nice! Hope you get better mileage than my Tundra lol

Just drug the trailer 330 miles or so as a break in run.  About 3200 pounds gross on the trailer, highway speeds 55-65 thru low mountains, calm winds...averaged 10.7 mpg which I'm happy with. Best I've gotten so far empty is 16.4, getting around 13 mpg in town.  Obviously I didn't buy it for it's mpg rating, wanted something that can pack my wife, her stuff, my stuff, the dog and I from Alaska to Arkansas. :)
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »
Nice truck but wondering why you would leave AK for AR? No moose in Arkansas!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 09:28:44 PM »
You know, I have been to that particular turn-out.

You are a lucky man, dude.

- oldman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 11:18:35 PM »
Nice setup!

Toyota caught a lot of flak that the first generation Tundra was not really a full size truck.  They basically responded by making the Tundra the biggest half ton pickup.  Can't comment on the new Tacoma.  I've heard they are nice.

I had a first generation Tundra and it was great.  I have a Sequoia now.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
I'm a toyota/lexus master diagnostic technician and we are seeing a lot of complaints on the new tacoma which includes my coworkers who bought the new tacoma.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:54 AM »
Nice truck but wondering why you would leave AK for AR? No moose in Arkansas!

Forty four winters is enough.  I no longer ski, snowshoe, race sled dogs or snow machine....

Tired of the stupid moose.  They try to stomp my dog, have kicked me, crap all over the yard and run out in front of you at highway speed.
Columbo

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
You know, I have been to that particular turn-out.

You are a lucky man, dude.

- oldman

Yes, I am lucky in many ways.

Did you do any fishing while you were in Seward?
Columbo

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Just drug the trailer 330 miles or so as a break in run.  About 3200 pounds gross on the trailer, highway speeds 55-65 thru low mountains, calm winds...averaged 10.7 mpg which I'm happy with. Best I've gotten so far empty is 16.4, getting around 13 mpg in town.  Obviously I didn't buy it for it's mpg rating, wanted something that can pack my wife, her stuff, my stuff, the dog and I from Alaska to Arkansas. :)

That's actually EXACTLY what the Tundra gets, and you're probably pushing a little more power with that 2500. Great setup!

I'm a toyota/lexus master diagnostic technician and we are seeing a lot of complaints on the new tacoma which includes my coworkers who bought the new tacoma.

Not to hijack, but I'm new to trucks. Has the Tundra been holding up well? Is it just the Tacoma giving issues?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »
Interesting.  I haven't paid much attention to the Tacoma as it is smaller than anything I'd look at now.

I haven't had any issues with my Sequoia.

I do have a friend looking at the Tundra.  So like Serenity I'd be interested in knowing about the Tundra's reliability.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-